Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
MMA is a fighting sport. It doesnt tell you what style you have to fight with. So if boxing is the best way of fighting, why dont some great boxers go to an MMA fight and use their boxing... Intead of bitching.... If your sport is the best than go prove it and fight a mma fight with your boxing skills. I enjoy both sports, but comparing Boxing to mma is like comparing Paint Ball games to Vietnam. Boxing is just too one dementional. Most true boxing fans hate MMA because they know that MMA is on the rise and Boxing is surely fading. Sure Boxing wont disappear forever, but it will never be as big as it once was. It will be on smaller scale for the rest of its life, except for a big fight once or twice a year. Other than that boxing wont be mainstream. As MMA is passing Boxing very fast, in terms of being mainstream. No one is talking much about boxing anymore. They are all talking about MMA. And if someone does mention Boxing than you can count on hearing about some mma news as well....... Dont be a hater. Just except it and move on..... RIP Boxing 1900 - 2009

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Go away. MMA blows and so do you. We here don't appreciate two dudes in boxer briefs rolling around on the floor while on top of one another performing gay sounding moves like rear naked choke.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Go away. MMA blows and so do you. We here don't appreciate two dudes in boxer briefs rolling around on the floor while on top of one another performing gay sounding moves like rear naked choke.
and the half mount, full mount, their favorite chokehold where one of em has there face in the other guys crotch.

[strike]Your brain is more one dimensional than boxing is dumb ass, you ever heard of the saying "styles make fights". That comes from and is because of boxing not **** ass mmgay fukking idiot.[/strike]

Believe it or not mmgay is biggest in the south of the US and I think the biggest reason why it's gotten popular here is because white people are the majority in it. Unless it can get a Nascar type (which boggles the mind how it can have such a big following unless you look at color lines and the undertone racism in this country) foothold with the same type of people, which it won't because it is already too diverse, it will be relegated to poker and billiards status.

This kind of stuff won't be tolerated. Speaking about the language you used towards him personally when he didn't direct anything at you. This is a verbal warning. This is a boxing forum. Just remember that.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
and the half mount, full mount, their favorite chokehold where one of em has there face in the other guys crotch.

[strike]Your brain is more one dimensional than boxing is dumb ass, you ever heard of the saying "styles make fights". That comes from and is because of boxing not **** ass mmgay fukking idiot.[/strike]

Believe it or not mmgay is biggest in the south of the US and I think the biggest reason why it's gotten popular here is because white people are the majority in it. Unless it can get a Nascar type (which boggles the mind how it can have such a big following unless you look at color lines and the undertone racism in this country) foothold with the same type of people, which it won't because it is already too diverse, it will be relegated to poker and billiards status.

This kind of stuff won't be tolerated. Speaking about the language you used towards him personally when he didn't direct anything at you. This is a verbal warning. This is a boxing forum. Just remember that.
Good post, Hector. I can dig that for sure. Nascar and MMA go hand in hand.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
MMA is a fighting sport. It doesnt tell you what style you have to fight with. So if boxing is the best way of fighting, why dont some great boxers go to an MMA fight and use their boxing... Intead of bitching.... If your sport is the best than go prove it and fight a mma fight with your boxing skills. I enjoy both sports, but comparing Boxing to mma is like comparing Paint Ball games to Vietnam. Boxing is just too one dementional. Most true boxing fans hate MMA because they know that MMA is on the rise and Boxing is surely fading. Sure Boxing wont disappear forever, but it will never be as big as it once was. It will be on smaller scale for the rest of its life, except for a big fight once or twice a year. Other than that boxing wont be mainstream. As MMA is passing Boxing very fast, in terms of being mainstream. No one is talking much about boxing anymore. They are all talking about MMA. And if someone does mention Boxing than you can count on hearing about some mma news as well....... Dont be a hater. Just except it and move on..... RIP Boxing 1900 - 2009
No one is talking about MMGay. Boxing is having some great matchups. Why do you think boxing gets PPV sales and MMGay doesn't? Because MMGay is absolutely s**te.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Because boxing makes more money than all of that MMA crap. The MMA guys suck at the majority of the fighting styles, but combine them and say they are great at them all. The best of the stand up MMA guys are about on par with polished Golden Gloves fighters.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
Haha why? First off, I am a big fan of the UFC(not Dana White) but most of the fans are a joke to me. One of them actually told me once that Matt Hughes would finish a Mike Tyson both in their primes. Are you ******* kidding me? Fact is most MMA fans think its God's gift to earth. Also, why is it that a lot of people think the most exciting part of a MMA is when they stand up and trade blows? You know, box?

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Haha why? First off, I am a big fan of the UFC(not Dana White) but most of the fans are a joke to me. One of them actually told me once that Matt Hughes would finish a Mike Tyson both in their primes. Are you ******* kidding me? Fact is most MMA fans think its God's gift to earth. Also, why is it that a lot of people think the most exciting part of a MMA is when they stand up and trade blows? You know, box?
That's what I always ask MMA fans.

·
Registered
445 Posts
I love boxing and think that the guy that started the thread is a jackass, but some of you guys are so out of leftfield on your assessments of the fight game. Your bias clearly shows.

Let me preface this by saying, I am a huge boxing fan.
That said, I love combat sports.

MMA is an evolution of boxing. Why is it that boxing kept evolving, with the changing of rounds, the addition of gloves, the addition of refs who weren't judges. It has continually evolved. Well, its grown stale over the last 30 or so years. MMA is an evolution of what boxing was. The gloves are 4 oz. The rounds are 5 minutes. Rounds are odd, so that there is hardly ever a draw. not only that, you must be a master of several disciplines to be good at mma. The OPP is an idiot if he thinks that boxing is but one aspect of an mma match, its a REFINED aspect of an MMA match.

Boxing is one refined aspect of combat. MMA is an amalgamation of them all.

Lastly, for anyone to disrespect mma and call it gay, you have to be reminded that in no way does anyone who thinks that floyd mayweather is skilled at running and defense and not getting hit have any right to say that MMA is gay.

MMA guys fight with 4 oz gloves and brawl. There is nothing gay about what they do. If they are gay, then every slickster to ever fight is a world class fagget.
I don't dislike boxing, i love it. Both sports must be respected. It's when you make ridiculous arguments for one or the other that people come off looking like idiots or fanboys or whatever. the opening poster was a dumbass, but inferring that mma is gay is just as stupid.

nascar to mma? because the p4p best in mma is black and he appeals to nascar doesn't he, lmao.

Reactions: daveDaboxingfan

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
I love boxing and think that the guy that started the thread is a jackass, but some of you guys are so out of leftfield on your assessments of the fight game. Your bias clearly shows.

MMA is an evolution of boxing. Why is it that boxing kept evolving, with the changing of rounds, the addition of gloves, the addition of refs who weren't judges. It has continually evolved. Well, its grown stale over the last 30 or so years. MMA is an evolution of what boxing was. The gloves are 4 oz. The rounds are 5 minutes. Rounds are odd, so that there is hardly ever a draw. not only that, you must be a master of several disciplines to be good at mma. The OPP is an idiot if he thinks that boxing is but one aspect of an mma match, its a REFINED aspect of an MMA match.

Lastly, for anyone to disrespect mma and call it gay, you have to be reminded that in no way does anyone who thinks that floyd mayweather is skilled at running and defense and not getting hit have any right to say that MMA is gay.

MMA guys fight with 4 oz gloves and brawl. There is nothing gay about what they do. If they are gay, then every slickster to ever fight is a world class fagget.
Sadly, very very sadly I have to agree with a lot of what this guy is saying. MMA is a great sport only when done right though. Just like in boxing. I don't know about all that evolution of boxing talk but other than that made some good points. Guys like to call it gay cause they roll around on the mat in silly looking positions but really it takes a lot of skill to do what they do.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Just thought I'd bring this up again. Boxing is more popular than MMGay, therefore there's more money in boxing than MMGay. So why would go to MMGay for less money? Doesn't make sense. Another post by a MMA fan that hasn't been thought out at all.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts

I don't dislike boxing, i love it. Both sports must be respected. It's when you make ridiculous arguments for one or the other that people come off looking like idiots or fanboys or whatever. the opening poster was a dumbass, but inferring that mma is gay is just as stupid.

nascar to mma? because the p4p best in mma is black and he appeals to nascar doesn't he, lmao.
Well written. I can dig what Banky is saying here, but my only reasoning behind my Nascar and MMA comment is this...I like to go to Buffalo Wild Wings and watch fights every now and then. When there is no boxing on I will go there on some Saturday nights and catch those UFC PPV's. Based on the two times that I've been there during a UFC fight I can say that 90% of the people cheering like madmen for MMA are the same people that show up on Sunday and drink for 6 hours watching cars drive in a circle. That's all.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Just thought I'd bring this up again. Boxing is more popular than MMGay, therefore there's more money in boxing than MMGay. So why would go to MMGay for less money? Doesn't make sense. Another post by a MMA fan that hasn't been thought out at all.
I would bet anyone here that's a noob and doesn't know anything about these boards that this guy is younger than 15. I know nothing about you and I would put money on that.

You can say that mma is just a different sport, but that its gay?

I don't have any problem with someone saying, "you know, i just don't like it". But to call it gay?
:thumbsdown:
bad form.
I hear your mom calling you, she made your favorite, spotted ****.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Well written. I can dig what Banky is saying here, but my only reasoning behind my Nascar and MMA comment is this...I like to go to Buffalo Wild Wings and watch fights every now and then. When there is no boxing on I will go there on some Saturday nights and catch those UFC PPV's. Based on the two times that I've been there during a UFC fight I can say that 90% of the people cheering like madmen for MMA are the same people that show up on Sunday and drink for 6 hours watching cars drive in a circle. That's all.
I do gotta say, some mma fans are lowest common denominator fans, that's absolutely true.

But, just like the legions of morons come out when de la hoya fights, so do they for mma.

Not all boxing fans are educated in the sweet science and not all mma fans are neanderthals that watch nascar and want to just cheer the blood.

Boxing is the same, there are jut as many idiots that watch it for all the wrong reasons.

What im saying is that we as boxing fans should respect mma the sport, because it is the same as boxing in the context that it is a combat sport. We may not like or appreciate the skills of its combatants, but we can never say gay.

Especially if you are a pimply faced 14 year old.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Agreed, However I used to be a fan of nascar, but over the past 2 years, its got kind of old to me. I've never watched a race all the way through.

I would bet anyone here that's a noob and doesn't know anything about these boards that this guy is younger than 15. I know nothing about you and I would put money on that.

You can say that mma is just a different sport, but that its gay?

I don't have any problem with someone saying, "you know, i just don't like it". But to call it gay?
:thumbsdown:
bad form.
I hear your mom calling you, she made your favorite, spotted ****.
He's 14, you assessment is correct. I don't like mma, actually, its hard for me to even watch. Its an art to some people, just not to me. But to call it gay, ehh thats stretching it, I think some of the things they do is "gay" but as a classified sport or fad, its not "gay".

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I do gotta say, some mma fans are lowest common denominator fans, that's absolutely true.

But, just like the legions of morons come out when de la hoya fights, so do they for mma.

Not all boxing fans are educated in the sweet science and not all mma fans are neanderthals that watch nascar and want to just cheer the blood.

Boxing is the same, there are jut as many idiots that watch it for all the wrong reasons.

What im saying is that we as boxing fans should respect mma the sport, because it is the same as boxing in the context that it is a combat sport. We may not like or appreciate the skills of its combatants, but we can never say gay.

Especially if you are a pimply faced 14 year old.
You may be right, but I'm only speaking from my own experiences. Good guess though man. Callam is 14 or 15 I think. He knows boxing though.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Excellent posts by Banky. I agree with everything except MMA is not an evolution of boxing. It's an evolution of fighting. Boxing techniques used in MMA are not superior (or even equal) to those used in boxing.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Excellent posts by Banky. I agree with everything except MMA is not an evolution of boxing. It's an evolution of fighting. Boxing techniques used in MMA are not superior (or even equal) to those used in boxing.
MMA fighters, in general, arent very good at boxing. If they were, they wouldnt be there, they'd be boxing.

MMA is by no means an evolution of boxing. Its a different sport, just like taekwondo and sumo.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.