Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 234 Posts

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What’s with the gross double-standard among boxing fans? It’s so ridiculous it’s almost evil.

What the retards always say about Joe is that he makes pitter-pat punches. But HOFer Jones and Hopkins, recipient of such, have different things to say about it. Jones said that those punches were HARD. Nard acted like those punches were HARD. Yet people, even commentators say that what Joe throws are pitter-pat punches.

On the other hand, Floyd throws weak punches. That’s why a tard like Baldomir could go a million rounds with him without feeling anything. Boxer with weak chins have withstood Floyd’s punches. Yet we never hear anything about his punches being pitter-pat.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
What’s with the gross double-standard among boxing fans? It’s so ridiculous it’s almost evil.

What the retards always say about Joe is that he makes pitter-pat punches. But HOFer Jones and Hopkins, recipient of such, have different things to say about it. Jones said that those punches were HARD. Nard acted like those punches were HARD. Yet people, even commentators say that what Joe throws are pitter-pat punches.

On the other hand, Floyd throws weak punches. That’s why a tard like Baldomir could go a million rounds with him without feeling anything. Boxer with weak chins have withstood Floyd’s punches. Yet we never hear anything about his punches being pitter-pat.
Carlos Baldomir has one of the toughest pound for pound chins in boxing today, And in all fairness, Calzaghe could'nt stop Roy Jones who was cut and 4years older than when Glen Johnson stopped him, Nobody calls Johnson a hard puncher, Also due to lack of knockouts, 30 of his 32 knockouts are TKO's and most of them the opponent was still standing only Calzaghe throwing 100 punches, Floyd Mayweather knocked out Ricky Hatton, a guy with a chin somewhere between good and great, Hatton can take a great punch as shown against Lazcano, But I agree some people take it overboard calling them things like slaps, the only reason they look like slaps is because on alot of occasions Joe hits opponents with his glove open. Joe can punch but he's far from being called a puncher

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Carlos Baldomir has one of the toughest pound for pound chins in boxing today, And in all fairness, Calzaghe could'nt stop Roy Jones who was cut and 4years older than when Glen Johnson stopped him, Nobody calls Johnson a hard puncher, Also due to lack of knockouts, 30 of his 32 knockouts are TKO's and most of them the opponent was still standing only Calzaghe throwing 100 punches, Floyd Mayweather knocked out Ricky Hatton, a guy with a chin somewhere between good and great, Hatton can take a great punch as shown against Lazcano, But I agree some people take it overboard calling them things like slaps, the only reason they look like slaps is because on alot of occasions Joe hits opponents with his glove open. Joe can punch but he's far from being called a puncher

Floyd KOd Hatton after using elbows and the ref destroyed Hatton’s rhythm. I thought this was obvious.

It goes without saying that the Hatton KO does not necessarily imply that Floyd is a stronger puncher than Joe. A better elbower, maybe, but not puncher. Also, Hatton was not his usual self that night, as the ref made sure that he wouldn’t get in the groove.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts

I'm not even a fan, but this is as misleading a post as it gets. It's like you don't understand the concept of technique.:dunno:
Good post, but I'm not sure if he would acknowledge the truth in your post.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts

Man I don't think you've ever boxed. Look at the way Calzaghe throws his punches. He hits with the interior of the glove while Floyd throws proper punches. Baldomir was an awful example because Floyd was fighting in his 4th weight division against a guy who's naturally 20lb bigger than him. Look at Floyd at 130 and tell me he doesn't have power in his shots.

·
Registered
841 Posts

First off, I seriously doubt you've ever even had gloves on. Cal's shots are weak, off-balance, and lack technique behind each one, and thats why its hard for an average boxer to like his style. Only reason he wins is becuase he throws alot and has a decent chin. Everytime I see Joe fight I feel like I'm watching an amatuer bout. Floyd has very powerful punches hince he puts a ton of technique and body movement behind each one, I can't believe you said he has "weak punches".

·
aka Dr. Real
8,103 Posts

:laugh: More PBF hate huh...

A) Baldomir has a great chin.

B) Calzaghe couldn't KO the worst conditioned Jones we have seen ever.

C) He never hurt Hopkins

D) Mayweather KD Hatton with one punch then eventually TKO'ed him...

That's why Calzaghe slaps and Mayweather doesn't...

·
aka Dr. Real
8,103 Posts
First off, I seriously doubt you've ever even had gloves on. Cal's shots are weak, off-balance, and lack technique behind each one, and thats why its hard for an average boxer to like his style. Only reason he wins is becuase he throws alot and has a decent chin. Everytime I see Joe fight I feel like I'm watching an amatuer bout. Floyd has very powerful punches hince he puts a ton of technique and body movement behind each one, I can't believe you said he has "weak punches".
Preach!:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Watch 1 min of this video, or even 30 sec and tell me where he throws "pitty pat" shots.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Man I don't think you've ever boxed. Look at the way Calzaghe throws his punches. He hits with the interior of the glove while Floyd throws proper punches. Baldomir was an awful example because Floyd was fighting in his 4th weight division against a guy who's naturally 20lb bigger than him. Look at Floyd at 130 and tell me he doesn't have power in his shots.
Oh I saw Floyd at 130 or even 135 alright. Never even phased Castillo one bit. Even for TWENTY-FOUR rounds. You bet that everytime Castillo hears on TV that Floyd is a strong puncher he would smirk real good.

A strong puncher would have hurt Castillo in less than twelve rounds. Floyd never did in 24 rounds, and he never would have in 36 rounds. He is NOT, I repeat, a stronger puncher than Calzaghe.
:laugh:

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:laugh: More PBF hate huh...

A) Baldomir has a great chin.

B) Calzaghe couldn't KO the worst conditioned Jones we have seen ever.

C) He never hurt Hopkins

D) Mayweather KD Hatton with one punch then eventually TKO'ed him...

That's why Calzaghe slaps and Mayweather doesn't...
Castillo doesnt have a great chin. Yet he took all those shots from FMJ at his best weight, and LAUGHED them all off.

Worst conditioned Jones? Sure. I can play that game too, and with more truth in it. THAT WAS THE WORST CONDITIONED CALZAGHE THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN. He was also down with the flu, unprepared, and lacked focus in his training. Yet he SCHOOLED Roy Jones like never before.

Hopkins wasn't hurt? Does that mean he became gun shy for no reason? Please use some common sense when posting here man.

We all so how Floyd KOd Hatton. IMO that KO was set up by a million elbows before it hit. No one can deny this, that's why the Hatton KO was never heralded as a great win.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
LOL Floyd does NOT have powerful punches, otherwise he'd have hurt the very hittable and KOable Castillo, Bruseles, Corley, Judah, etc in the early rounds. He didn't, plain and simple.

·
aka Dr. Real
8,103 Posts
Castillo doesnt have a great chin. Yet he took all those shots from FMJ at his best weight, and LAUGHED them all off.

Worst conditioned Jones? Sure. I can play that game too, and with more truth in it. THAT WAS THE WORST CONDITIONED CALZAGHE THAT I HAVE EVER SEEN. He was also down with the flu, unprepared, and lacked focus in his training. Yet he SCHOOLED Roy Jones like never before.

Hopkins wasn't hurt? Does that mean he became gun shy for no reason? Please use some common sense when posting here man.

We all so how Floyd KOd Hatton. IMO that KO was set up by a million elbows before it hit. No one can deny this, that's why the Hatton KO was never heralded as a great win.
Calzaghe having the flu? B-Hop being gunshy? Don't flatter yourself :laugh:

I don't care if Calzaghe had the ebola virus...he should have still finished off RJ but he can't because he has no power.

B-Hop was tired and started to throw more at the in compensation that he would land similar punches that he was earlier but he would have to throw more to get there. Gun shy :laugh: he threw more genius.

Floyd is a strong puncher eh? How come he never knocked down Judah, the most KDd fighter of all time? :laugh:
I didn't say PBF was the strongest puncher alive...I just said he was a bigger puncher than Calzaghe :laugh:. Calzaghe's momma hits harder than her son.

Now the real argument should be who hits harder...Pauli Malinaggi or Calzaghe...now that would be an argument. This...this is just more PBF hate.

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Calzaghe having the flu? B-Hop being gunshy? Don't flatter yourself

I don't care if Calzaghe had the ebola virus...he should have still finished off RJ but he can't because he has no power.

B-Hop was tired and started to throw more at the in compensation that he would land similar punches that he was earlier but he would have to throw more to get there. Gun shy he threw more genius.

I didn't say PBF was the strongest puncher alive...I just said he was a bigger puncher than Calzaghe :laugh:. Calzaghe's momma hits harder than her son.

Now the real argument should be who hits harder...Pauli Malinaggi or Calzaghe...now that would be an argument. This...this is just more PBF hate.
Calzaghe has no power? LOL. I suppose Nard and Roy lost to a featherfisted puncher then. Roy himself said that Joe hits hard, yet you say nay. Now that is just Calzaghe hate, plain and simple. Oh you're good at being inconsistent.:laugh:

B-Hop was tired? WTF? He just tired because he was old? So he got young again in the Pavlik fight? Further proof that your irrational Calzaghe hate. :laugh:

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You can't be serious.
Obviously a Calzaghe hater numero uno. He had Nard winning because Nard threw more punches while Joe was weak-fisted. Pathetic. I mean, there are a lot of guys to hate in boxing, but why hate on Joe when he TURDed the **** out of Nard and Roy back-to-back after letting himself get knocked down in the first round? LOL, Joe TOYED with both these guys even with these KDs which shouldve helped both loser's causes.:laugh:

1 - 20 of 234 Posts