Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1-He is a man who lets his fists do the talking

2-He isn't flashy. The man does his business the blue collar, American way

3-He has the weight of an entire city on his back. An American hero can rejuvenate a city

4-He has a "throw-back" style. It's important for people to remember what a classic boxer did.

5-Caucassians got tired of watching other caucassians get dominated all the time. To bring back the money audience (white people ages 30-49) we need a guy they like. Take it as racism but I believe it's a fact.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Anyone who ended Taylors boring reign at 160 has to be good for boxing. :thumbsup:

Kellys a KO artist though, fight fans love to see knockouts!

Thats the main reason he is and will continue to be so popular.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Anyone who ended Taylors boring reign at 160 has to be good for boxing. :thumbsup:

Kellys a KO artist though, fight fans love to see knockouts!

Thats the main reason he is and will continue to be so popular.

I think he's just a likable guy as well. that never hurts you. You always pull for someone that reminds of the dude you grew up with.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
I think he's just a likable guy as well. that never hurts you. You always pull for someone that reminds of the dude you grew up with.
Agreed ICB (whats your name bro) he's a stand up guy!

·
Registered
1,995 Posts

3-He has the weight of an entire city on his back. An American hero can rejuvenate a city

4-He has a "throw-back" style. It's important for people to remember what a classic boxer did.

5-Caucassians got tired of watching other caucassians get dominated all the time. To bring back the money audience (white people ages 30-49) we need a guy they like. Take it as racism but I believe it's a fact.

I agree :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,028 Posts

trust me dude he has our city in very good spirits he is just
what we needed around here.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts

Successful caucasian fighters might be rare in today's american boxing but a fighter doesn't need to be white to be loved by the "money audience". SRL was loved by most people in his prime and even casual fans idolized Tyson. Style and persona have a lot to do with it.

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
I wouldnt go as far as saying he is important to boxing but having a average joe for a champ is a good way to show everyone boxing isn't all about the bling bling.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts

Personally, I like a guy who trash talks a little. I love flash in boxing, and I dont care what skin color a person is, As long as their good. He's good for boxing no doubt, but people are acting like hes the best thing to come since ali. He will never live up to your guys fantasies.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I agree with Lance 100%, Pavlik is a very good fighter but at the same time hes kind of limited. He has the time to improve but i don't see it happening, he'll NEVER be P4P #1 thats for sure. Id put my life on it.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Pavlik does need to add to his arsenal, but I think he's pretty well set with his style, and that will limit him some.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Pavlik is either going to win his fights against the top guys by brutal KO or lose them that way, thats why i like him, he's damn exciting to watch.

·
Registered
424 Posts
he def has the opportunity to become #1 P4P in the near future (assume that floyd retires or loses) But, so far he has cleaned out his weight class in impressive knockout fashion (not just decisions) and if he can do that to a few more big names, he can definitely do it. when your unbeaten with something like a 90% knockout percentage, if he continues his streak, he can do it. You can either see it as limited... or ,as i do, less complicated. He knows what he is there to do, and he knows how to do that. Never is his game plan or goal in question. And if your banking on him getting caught by a more crafty/talented fighter, well you have to do is watch pavlik v taylor 1.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts