Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Who is the Best Welterweight of the past Fifteen years?

Why the Pretty Boy Beats Margarito in a Tough career Defining Fight!

4K views 82 replies 23 participants last post by  SugarShane 
Oscar easily.

I might say Trinidad a distant runner-up.

I think of Shane as one of the most dominant and devastating lightweight punchers.

Floyd Mayweather has done nothing at 147 except for beating the fragile Judah. Back at super featherweight were his glory days.

I also think of Whitaker being as good if not better at 135.

I think more likes 118-110. Seriously. Cotto and williams both showed margarito can be outboxed. Cotto especially with movement, had he been able to maintain it, he might of won every round, this is where mayweather differes. his stamina is legednary as well. And well, there isnt a better boxer in the game right now either.
Until he comes back, he's a non-factor.

The resumes are close whether you give Tito credit for the win or not. Tito beat better versions of Carr & Camacho than Oscar, as well as a prime and undefeated Campas. IMO you can't just count losses as wins because they were robberies, at the end of the day he lost to Tito. If you do that, you could easily say Oscar lost to Quartey and Whitaker (when he was past his prime). His resume at 147 don't look so good then.
Very true. You can't have it both ways. :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.