Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To early to tell, but with the state of the Heavyweight division nowadays it is clear the task before him is a lot easier
than the road Evander had to take. Haye claims he is a true HW and has gone on the record saying that he walks the streets at 220 when not training.

Do you think he has what it takes to become the first true HW champ since Ox Lewis. I think the only thing that can lead to his demise is testing his suspect chin with the big boys.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I agree the only thing that can let him down is his chin. Hes the most athletic and skilled HW now IMO, we'll have to wait and see if he can take punches from the big boys though.

·
Registered
69 Posts
To early to tell, but with the state of the Heavyweight division nowadays it is clear the task before him is a lot easier
than the road Evander had to take. Haye claims he is a true HW and has gone on the record saying that he walks the streets at 220 when not training.

Do you think he has what it takes to become the first true HW champ since Ox Lewis. I think the only thing that can lead to his demise is testing his suspect chin with the big boys.

Good Question, but I think their styles are totally different, regarding Haye's chin, he now operates in a division, where if a man lands, his opponent is more than likely going to take a ten count.

For Example Lennox Lewis's two loses came against inferior opponents (Mccall and Rahman), they landed and he got KO..... like any other Heavyweight I suspect.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
I think his chin had more to do with him being tight at 200, he struggled to make weight down there much of the time. (not saying he cant be ko'd at HW)

I see Haye taking the division apart very soon, he's by far the most skilled and fastest and is one of the hardest hitters in the world P4P.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I think his chin had more to do with him being tight at 200, he struggled to make weight down there much of the time. (not saying he cant be ko'd at HW)

I see Haye taking the division apart very soon, he's by far the most skilled and fastest and is one of the hardest hitters in the world P4P.

Definaly agree..... Skill wise Haye, wipe the floor with anyone else I've seen in the HW division.

I noticed that he is starting to "set traps" for fighters, which will be a vital weapon when he takes on the "robotic eastern european" fighters.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm with you guys, I couldn't see Haye losing to any these guys really.

The only chance the current HW class has against DH is a punchers chance.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
I think right now, Klitschko would beat him. Hayes to be tested yet as a HW, but no doubt he can make some noise

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Let me be the first one to say that Haye will never be as good as Holyfield :D Hes good but hes no ATG like Holyfield.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Let me be the first one to say that Haye will never be as good as Holyfield :D Hes good but hes no ATG like Holyfield.
Correct. There is only ONE Vander. ;)

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Correct. There is only ONE Vander. ;)
For sure no beef with that. EH is way harder than David Haye. The best unnatural HW of all time. In his prime he put on more muscle mass every fight{see how he looked in the first Bowe fight compared to the second} and is the best conditioned fighter ever.

I just meant in regards to him becoming the undisputed HW champ after moving up.

·
Registered
652 Posts
David Haye will rank as the Greatest Heavyweight of all time after Muhammad Ali and Lennox Lewis.

Haye would have murdered Riddick 'Chicken' Bowe and Michael Moorer.

·
Registered
540 Posts
David Haye i think can do quite good in the H/Weights but there is that question on his chin.ATM there not much to beat like old days.So i give him a good chance 2 be one of the top guys.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
I dont know man.. Bowe could take some punches, Haye apparently cant.. Moorer had power in both hands so he'd be a threat as long as he stands

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I dont know man.. Bowe could take some punches, Haye apparently cant.. Moorer had power in both hands so he'd be a threat as long as he stands
Its been well documented Moorer and Bowe were victims of their own sloth and laziness and didn't live no where nears expectations.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Yeah.. its true..Bowe was too damaged after the holyfield fights, and moorer never seemed to take it toos seriously.. But still, Haye has yet to live up the expectations. Thinking about a match between Haye against either bowe or moorer is hard isnt it?

1 - 20 of 84 Posts