Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems like Jones is making a comeback, with a series of wins over sub-par fighters. Maybe they are just confidence booster fights to get him ready for one last big ppv showdown. I am actually a huge jones fan, but I must admit I have missed his last 3 or 4 fights on his come back trail. If hopkins gets passed by winky this saturday, will we get a chance to see Hopkins vs. Jones II? I would love for that fight to happen, even though it would have been a bigger fight 3 years ago, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
The Hopkins fight will never happen i dont think, RJJ has ruled out a chance of fighting B-Hop in the future. As for RJJ being back in the spotlight, i dont think so. I think a fight at 170lbs catchweight against Felix Trinidad will be his next fight, and i think he'll probably win unless Tito isnt as shot as i think he is.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
as most of you already know, you wont find a bigger rj fan than me. I promise. I dont think he will be the p4p fighter he used to me, but no 38 year old is or will be. jones / bhop II will never happen. Jones vs glen johnson and trinidad will likely be his last 2 fights. He may fight more if he keeps winning who knows. He and mike tyson will always be my favorite fighteres. No one dominated and reigned like either. No one drew more interest and excitement. i could care less to be honest if jones gets in the spotlight again. His light used to shine so bright even the sun had to wear glasses. But i hope we all get a chance to put on the shades again for one of the all time greatest.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I doubt it. i dont think im the only person who wishes he would retire now. When he gets in the ring with a class oponent he could be seriously injured. Hes not the same fighter now far from the invincible Jones jr. Hope he proves me wrong because i worship what he has done in his career but now its over. Time to retire after his last win. He has nothing to prove.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts