Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Forrest by KO

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Williams will come back down to 147 to fight his mandatory but we might see him campaign at 154 again and a fight against Forrest (if he keeps his belt) would make sense. So who you picking?

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
I know Williams will come back down to 147 to fight his mandatory but we might see him campaign at 154 again and a fight against Forrest (if he keeps his belt) would make sense. So who you picking?
I think a past his prime Forrest is tailor made for Williams. Forrest would be pretty solid against anyone at 154 tho, Williams on the other hand would be shaky against guys like Santos.

Williams by close UD.

G

·
Williams by clear UD. Forrest just isn't Forrest anymore.

Williams doesn't have a manadatory at 147 anymore. He had to vacate that belt. I could see his days at 147 being done.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts

Williams doesn't have a manadatory at 147 anymore. He had to vacate that belt. I could see his days at 147 being done.
What he said and I see Williams taking this by a late stoppage. Vernon can be intimidated and when Paul is swarming and continuously landing shots he is very intimidating.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Williams by late stoppage. He'd wear Vernon down and make him, his corner, or the ref stop the fight.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts

Yeah Yeah Yeah He's just duckin Margarito :poke:
Just kiddin Ben:thumbsup:

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
As long as Cotto doesn't become 2 time Welterweight Champion by winning a second vacant title fight I could care less if Williams vacates his WBO title. That sanctioning body is a joke anyways.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

The money is at 147 though.

What he said and I see Williams taking this by a late stoppage. Vernon can be intimidated and when Paul is swarming and continuously landing shots he is very intimidating.
I think Williams would win but he won't stop the viper.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Williams makes him quit late. Forrest is done. Ever since Quatey kicked his ass he's been done

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Not for Williams. Nobody will fight him.
Except for Margarito, who else has turned him down? Quintana already fought him twice and I'm sure would love a 3rd fight with him. You offer Cotto, Clottey, Cintron, Collazo or Mosley 4 million I'm pretty sure they would fight him. Williams saying nobody will fight him, is just that. Him saying it. Don't make it true. Calling out names and making offers are 2 different things. To my knowledge Williams has had only one offer turned down

G

·
Except for Margarito, who else has turned him down? Quintana already fought him twice and I'm sure would love a 3rd fight with him. You offer Cotto, Clottey, Cintron, Collazo or Mosley 4 million I'm pretty sure they would fight him. Williams saying nobody will fight him, is just that. Him saying it. Don't make it true. Calling out names and making offers are 2 different things. To my knowledge Williams has had only one offer turned down
Ha, alright, whatever. Let's not let another ducking an dodging argument at 147 take over another thread. :deadhorse:

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Exactly. The division is too deep to just move up like that. A lot of interesting matchups for P.Wil.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts