Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"I'm coming back. I'm fighting December 4th and then after that, hopefully we can get Abraham in the ring in February. HBO trying to do it and if not, we gonna get somebody in that ring and then we'll just bang 'em on out," stated former undisputed jr. middleweight champion Winky Wright as he talked about his return to the ring.

I think he beats Abraham.

G

·
Winky ain't beating Abraham at this stage of his career. Too big, too strong.

I'm not sure if I can see this materializing. I did read something that said Abraham's possible February opponents were Winky, PW or Forrest so maybe.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's funny because I think Winky will be the bigger man. They both have a tight defense but Abraham is gonna get bothered by that jab all night long. That will be the key in this fight.

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
I think if Winky still has it he could take Abraham fairly easily, Hes got some great D as well and as Ballistik said his jab would pretty much stop Abraham.

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
For the sake of boxing, Abraham needs to win. Because the young guys image has been tarnished by THAT fight back in October 18. We need some young guys to finally step up to the plate.

HOWEVER.. Winky would win this fight IMO.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
I believe Winky is kinda past it. Still, Winky's defense is something to behold and Abraham would have to be busier to win this fight. I'll pick Abraham, but i'm not very convinced.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
not sure how he his style can nullify abraham. abraham has power and quite brutal ko's but he aint gonna ko winky. can he win 7 rounds? tbh it's hard to tell but he can certainly be outboxed.

i would go with the underdog and say winky wins it. i actually have not seen the hopkins vs winky fight but still would back winky.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Winky Wright has the abillity to take away an opponents power very similar to the way Bernard Hopkins does it, Winky showed this against Felix Trinidad and he went one further by taking Mosleys speed away from him, something Hopkins has had trouble with his whole career, Winky Wright UD Abraham doesn't have the experience Winky does, everything else bar punching power is pretty close, But as far as defence Winky has the experience and much superior timing, also Winky doesn't just hold his hands up and let the oponent batter him(roy jones, Abraham) but he picks off shots and counters like hopkins does

1 - 9 of 9 Posts