Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow i thought that fight was on the 4th :laugh: Edit this please :D All along i've been thinking De La Hoya and Pacquiao were fighting on the 4th

G

·
I don't think Abraham is going to risk a big fight against a Winky Wright before his mega fight in the summer against Pavlik. I think he'll go after some 'mandatory' 'next guy in line' kind of opponent to ensure that his summer plans don't get ruined.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Why would Winky get a big name like that anyways? What incentive would there be for a champ or top fighter to go against him? It won't be a big money fight, and aside from the possibility of losing, the only other thing you'd have to look forward to is looking bad...
Winky has sulked for too long and stepped away from the picture for too long. I think his big fight days are pretty much over. Not to mention the fact that I think he is on the serious decline. His footwork is shot and he has very little lateral movement. He covers up in the shell, yes, but he is not the defensive fighter and counter puncher he once was.

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
I doubt Abraham would take Winky...he's probably thinking "WTF has Winky done recently"?. I would like to see make a comeback but he does some thins that make me wonder at times. I know he has been offered better paying fights but has declined them because they were not enough and now that noone wants to **** with him he realizes its the only way hes going to actually get in the ring. Whoever manages this dude if it isnt himself is a moron.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts