Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WINKY WRIGHT WANTS PAVLIK FIGHT
By G. Leon

Last night elite pound for pounder Winky Wright made it clear to Boxingtalk.com that there's nothing he wants more than a fight with undefeated, undisputed middleweight champion Kelly "The Ghost" Pavlik. "All they have to do is want to make a fight and we'll give the fans what they want to see. There isn't a better middleweight fight than me and Kelly right now and I'm ready to give him his first loss," said Wright. John Duddy, who appeared to be the frontrunner to face Pavlik next, suffered sever lacerations to his face last Saturday night, thus making Pavlik opponentless for his June HBO date. Full interview with Wright to follow tomorrow.

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
Ya know if we want real proof on where Kelly belongs on a P4P list a fight with Winky would be a good way to judge it. I hope this one comes off.

·
Registered
349 Posts
This would be cool sick fight .. As Much as I Like Pavlik too I know Winky I have seen his BIG ASS ARMS .. that guy is very defensive it would be hard for Pavlik to beat Winky.. its been a while since Winky has been in the Ring no ??? When was his last fight?

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
This would be cool sick fight .. As Much as I Like Pavlik too I know Winky I have seen his BIG ASS ARMS .. that guy is very defensive it would be hard for Pavlik to beat Winky.. its been a while since Winky has been in the Ring no ??? When was his last fight?
July 2007

taht would be a great fight, way better than a 2-round destruction of john duddy or tito

·
Registered
349 Posts
Yeah I agree. I am going to the Fight in June .. I am soo curious who he will fight .. Wright would be a sick fight to see.. thats for sure

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I really think this fight may come off, hopefully not on ppv though, I really don't know if i'd buy it. I actually think it will be quite entertaining, even more so than taylor/winky, which is one of my all time favorite fights.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
This would be a good one, although Pavlik should win, He would not land that right hand too often. I still think his work rate would get it done, Winky's style would not be too impressive against it.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
i hope pavlik/wright comes off being i think it would be an exciting fight. the only reason this fight shouldn't come off imo would be if pavlik was able to land trinidad. winky stays in front of you with that turtle defense, and pavlik is always full steam ahead. i can see some really exciting moments happening should these 2 meet.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i hope pavlik/wright comes off being i think it would be an exciting fight. the only reason this fight shouldn't come off imo would be if pavlik was able to land trinidad. winky stays in front of you with that turtle defense, and pavlik is always full steam ahead. i can see some really exciting moments happening should these 2 meet.
This is exactly why I've been calling for this fight for a long time! This is a dream matchup for me!

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
I hope the fight does happen and Winky gets KTFO by Kelly.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I can too, but if they want to keep making relatively big fights this is the one to go with unless they land a Tito fight. Also, a win over Winky would do wonders for Pavlik's record if he could pull it off.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts