Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Not that I know of...but then again I'm more of a 20 years ago and back type of boxing follower. But I think Winky's pretty much done.

·
Registered
326 Posts
He was pwned by the referee against Hopkins ( no excessive clinching calls, no headbutting calls ), I think he got tired of this sport cuz it is becoming like the WWE

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
He was pwned by the referee against Hopkins ( no excessive clinching calls, no headbutting calls ), I think he got tired of this sport cuz it is becoming like the WWE
Hopkins headbutt changed everything (the one that opened up the huge gash on his brow), but there were plenty more that followed and, of course, the clinching as you mentioned. Terribly excessive and an absolute bore to watch. Not that I had the highest of expectations to begin with. When you put two counterpunchers into the ring together you know what you're going to get.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Hopkins headbutt changed everything (the one that opened up the huge gash on his brow), but there were plenty more that followed and, of course, the clinching as you mentioned. Terribly excessive and an absolute bore to watch. Not that I had the highest of expectations to begin with. When you put two counterpunchers into the ring together you know what you're going to get.
And a ridiculously biased referee also

Pure garbage

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I had Winky losing 115-113 in both fights against Taylor and Hopkins, and i actually like Winky. Unfortunately Winky seems to be waiting for a big fight, but then usually prices himself out of it.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
I didnt like the way Hopkins was landing clean right hands on winkys face, I think Winky is washed up... Of course Hopkins is a master and the fight took place well over Winky's weightclass, but I keep my oppinion, hes not the same fighter anymore, also the inactivity is making him pay alot.

·
Registered
326 Posts
People seem to forget the referee should've called excessive clinching and headbutting, Winky got robbed by referee

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I do too. But i think Ronald is doing himself a disservice by not staying busy
Yeah, even if hes fighting lesser guys at 168lbs or something it would be better than sitting there doing nothing. I read that the offer Arum made him for the Pavlik fight was $1.2m, which is pretty small considering. I wish Winky would have swallowed his pride though and took the smaller payday to fight Pavlik.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.