Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Junior Witter has a perfect chance to enhance his reputation in America after being offered a fight against Mexican Jose Luis Castillo.

The Sheffield fighter was contacted by a US promoter to say Castillo, who lost in four rounds to Ricky Hatton last June, wanted a match.

WBC champion Witter badly wants US TV exposure, however his advisers may be against a bout with the former world champ.

Trainer Dominic Ingle told the Sheffield Star: "If Junior was to go over and beat him easily - which he is capable of doing - people will just say Castillo is washed up and was when Hatton beat him."

The Sheffield camp were hoping to get their light welterweight star back in action around April.

Retire?

Witter's last fight saw him successfully defend his crown for the second time after stopping Vivian Harris at Doncaster last September.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...031280,00.html

·
Registered
661 Posts
Witter slagged Hatton to death for fighting a 'shot' Castillo, now hes thinking about fighting him himself?:laugh:
Was wondering if anyone else would remember Witter mouthing about that. I think the word he used was "embarrasing" for Hatton to be fighting "shot" washed up fighters:laugh:

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
5,334 Posts
I want to see him take this fight. I would love to see it go to a decision, too. Although I'm sure Witter would win I just want to see him try to knock Ricky after fighting the same fighter Ricky whipped who's skills are even more diminished now.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
witter v rees is a fight that makes sense to me, only if gavin can get throught his first defence though.

unification!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
i don't think witter's dumb enough to accept a fight with castillo. his advisors should seek out guys like holt or torres.
I'll give Holt a chance. A big chance.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
holt would get knocked spark by witter,,,,i dont like witter at all but he's a very good fighter.

torres would have a punchers chance against him but would be made look silly by witters speed and skill.

hell, i even think witter would out-slick paulie.

witters not my cup of tea but he's certintly a better fighter than torres and holt.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
I dont know its something about Holt that say he can beat Witter. I dont know what it is but I can see Holt winning that fight.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
he's a quality fighter in my eyes. i thought he was handling torres until the crowd got crazy. i still can't believe someone actually hit him in the head(with some debris...i can't remember what it was exactly) after he put torres down.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I agree with Tommy that Witter would beat both Torres and Holt fairly clearly. And believe me, this is no British thing, the Brits hate Witter more than any country in the world:laugh:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I agree with Tommy that Witter would beat both Torres and Holt fairly clearly. And believe me, this is no British thing, the Brits hate Witter more than any country in the world:laugh:
the brits hate witter more than the americans hate calzaghe. LOL

he can fight though, i wouldn't take that away from him,,,,id put him 2 at 140 behind hatton.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
After watching Malignaggi-Ngoujou id have to agree. Malignaggi was at #2 for me and i was very impressed with him vs. N'Dou, but he looked poor on Sat. I think Torres is underrated though, and could beat either if they under-estimated his power.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Guys id love to see the fight made. Washed up or not castillo is a warrior and still rated high in the 140 division. I would pick witter to win but castillos style maybe tough come fight time. Hes no quiter

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Looks like the 140 division is open. There is no clear #1 or 2

1 - 20 of 23 Posts