Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Who wins?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who wins?

Im going with Wlad, Povetkin is not big or fast enough and takes to many shots. The bum Chambers was almost landing at will on him at stages in there fight.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I see Povetkin being a more aggressive but less polished version of Sultan Ibragimov and we all remember how much of a threat he presented to Wlad. Chambers was connecting all night against him. He would have had him beat easily if he would have just kept punching. His workrate was what killed him in that fight, not Povetkin's. And who did Povetkin have to beat to get that shot at Chamber's? None other than the incomparable Chris Byrd who didn't look that great his last time out. Wlad with a bit of killer instinct KO in round 6-7. Why do I think he'll have that killer instinct all of a sudden? Wishful thinking, I guess. I gotta figure he'll want to be a real heavyweight champ eventually.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Povetkin is just made for Wlad. He's going to get smashed. Wlad will look great in this fight.

Yes I'm aware I mistakenly voted for Povetkin. I was taking a hit and clicked on the wrong choice.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
I see Povetkin being a more aggressive but less polished version of Sultan Ibragimov and we all remember how much of a threat he presented to Wlad. Chambers was connecting all night against him. He would have had him beat easily if he would have just kept punching. His workrate was what killed him in that fight, not Povetkin's. And who did Povetkin have to beat to get that shot at Chamber's? None other than the incomparable Chris Byrd who didn't look that great his last time out. Wlad with a bit of killer instinct KO in round 6-7. Why do I think he'll have that killer instinct all of a sudden? Wishful thinking, I guess. I gotta figure he'll want to be a real heavyweight champ eventually.
Povetkin's defense was ugly in that fight, Chambers was hitting him at will with 1, 2's. Povetkin doesnt get enough credit for that win, believe it or not his pressure, workrate, and bodypunching, wore Chambers down. Chambers is faster than Wlad and can throw in the pocket, Wlad cant, if Povetkin had a better defense I would call the upset. I'm going to wait til fight time to decide, my thinking is the longer this fight goes on the more chance Povetkin has of taking the w.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Povetkin is just made for Wlad. He's going to get smashed. Wlad will look great in this fight.

Yes I'm aware I mistakenly voted for Povetkin. I was taking a hit and clicked on the wrong choice.
Lies. LOL!

You voted for Povetkin then relised everyone had voted for Wlad. :laugh:

·
Registered
112 Posts
I think Wlad wins pretty handy. Nobody has stated how Povetkin has only had like 15 fights and Wlad has over 50, massive experience difference :laugh:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts