Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K2 Promotions, the promotional company of WBO/IBF heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko (51-3, 45 KOs), put in the winning purse bid to win the rights to Klitschko's mandatory title defense against IBF mandatory Alexander Povetkin (16-0, 12 KOs). K2 placed a very high bid of $13,130,130, while Povetkin's promoter, Sauerland Event, put in $8,114,140.

The fight will go ahead on December 13 in Germany and HBO will televise. Povetkin, who won an Olympic Gold Medal in 1996, became the mandatory after winning the IBF's tournament, stopping Chris Byrd last year in the first round and then winning a decision over Eddie Chambers in the finals which took place in January.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Let's just hope there's a bit more entertainment than in Wlad's last couple of fights.

G

·
Wlad will beat him but Pavetkin will make it an interesting fight. But Wlad will do his best to make it boring and win a UD.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Povetkin is a agressive fighter, and he is problaby the only HW who goes to the body, and he actually does it well. But Wlad is better and stronger and should win a UD.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
K2 Promotions, the promotional company of WBO/IBF heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko (51-3, 45 KOs), put in the winning purse bid to win the rights to Klitschko's mandatory title defense against IBF mandatory Alexander Povetkin (16-0, 12 KOs). K2 placed a very high bid of $13,130,130, while Povetkin's promoter, Sauerland Event, put in $8,114,140.

The fight will go ahead on December 13 in Germany and HBO will televise. Povetkin, who won an Olympic Gold Medal in 1996, became the mandatory after winning the IBF's tournament, stopping Chris Byrd last year in the first round and then winning a decision over Eddie Chambers in the finals which took place in January.
That's inaccurate. It was the 11th round I believe. Either way, I see Klitschko smashing Povetkin easily. Around the 4th or 5th round.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Yeah that guy made a typo when he wrote that article. Everyone on boxingscene caught it and commented. This is another fight at HW that I couldn't care less about. For me it is Haye or Arreola and Wlad sometimes, but I can't really get behind him. I just hope Haye doesn't turn out to be all hype like many of the other UK boxers not including the real deals like Calzaghe and Hatton. I sincerely want to see Haye be the next Lennox Lewis.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
I dont know guys, i could see Povetkin slowing Wlad down with bodypunches, that would slow Wlad down late in the fight and therefor the fight would go to a decision.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I dont know guys, i could see Povetkin slowing Wlad down with bodypunches, that would slow Wlad down late in the fight and therefor the fight would go to a decision.
This is why I think Klitschko will stop him. Wlad is boring against guys who are timid against him, but when someone opens up he usually catches them coming in. I really think he'll stop Povetkin.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts