Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just read this:

"The fight is a great chance for me," said Rahman. "Klitschko will regret he chose me to replace Povetkin. Like Lennox Lewis, I will knock him out and take those belts. And then, I am going to beat his brother Vitali, too."

Rahman: Klitschko will regret he chose me!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
HA HA HA - a great chance at getting his butt kicked I would say!!!

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
does anyone give rahman more than a 1% chance here
to give Rahman a 1% chance you have to be an optimist

I give him a 5% chance. Other than that he is fukked.
I'd probably give him somewhere in the neighborhood of a 10% chance.
The only chance he has is if he can turn back the clock and land one big punch (Lennox Lewis style) and KO Wlad. Other then that, NO CHANCE.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I think Rahman will win. I dont kno why but its just a feeling. I hope he doesnt though as i am a big fan of the Klitschkos. My prediction Rahman Kos Wlad b4 the 8th round.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
If Rahman KTFOs Klitchko he's gonna be a 3 time Heavyweight Champion....you know what kind of company that list has? I consider it a disgrace to the sport just to give him the opportunity to do this.

·
Registered
290 Posts
If Rahman KTFOs Klitchko he's gonna be a 3 time Heavyweight Champion....you know what kind of company that list has? I consider it a disgrace to the sport just to give him the opportunity to do this.
No way it'll happen. Given his terrible performance against Toney, a fighter I'm sure Rahman knew was very dangerous and one for which he needs to train, I highly doubt that he can get lucky with Klit and pull a Lewis. If he wins, it will be one of the biggest upsets ever.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have to agree with Slon here. Based on Rachman's last few fights, he has looked like he is past his prime. It is my opinion that the KO of Lennox Lewis was nothing more than good fortune for him, as Lewis didn't train appropriately for the fight. Unfortunately I would have to agree with the 1% chance that Rachman wins this. It's a shame Povetkin can't make this fight. The Klitschko vs Rachman fight will still likely get decent ratings on HBO, but only because people will be tuning in to see the rerun of the De La Hoya vs Pacquaio fight.

-----------------------
-Chris
Full Contact Outlet. Brand Name Gear at at Warehouse Prices.

·
Iron Lungs
3,315 Posts
He's either going to fight James Toney or Chris Arreola sometime next year. I like their chances. :thumbsup:
You seriously think Arreola has a chance the way hes looked his last 2 fight? I hate Wlad but no way Arreola could beat him preparing the way he has. Id give Toney the better chance even if he barely trains.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
You seriously think Arreola has a chance the way hes looked his last 2 fight? I hate Wlad but no way Arreola could beat him preparing the way he has. Id give Toney the better chance even if he barely trains.
I'd expect Arreola to come in the weight he fought Witherspoon at. Klitchko will win every round until the round he slows down and gets caught. Then it's lights out.

Toney has to beat Wlad a completely different way, straight up out boxing his ass.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Arreola's last opponent was aggressive from the start and highly reckless. He didn't have much defensive ability, and was just trying to knock Arreola down. He screwed up eventually, though. Wlad likely won't do that against Arreola. He was very careful against even Ibragimov, and Arreola has a hell of a knockout history.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts