Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
Joined
·
24,365 Posts
In the first heavyweight unification clash in nine years, IBF/IBO heavyweight champion Wladimir Klitschko (50-3, 44 KOs) claimed the WBO title of previously unbeaten Sultan Ibragimov (22-1-1, 17 KOs) on Saturday night at Madison Square Garden in New York City. Sultan did more in round one, but Wladimir got his jab working in round two and used that punch almost exclusively to win the next few rounds. Sultan's aggression gave him the edge in the sixth, but Klitschko again took over for the balance of the fight as Ibragimov found it difficult to get inside. Scores were 119-110, 117-111, 118-110.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,312 Posts
i'll take klitschko but i'm not really a fan of any heavy right now. I'm just hoping a few really good fights can accure and provide a little entertainment from this division.
 

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
Joined
·
8,579 Posts
BigDigga said:
at least will get some kind of unification fight happening
When china chin Klitschko is hailed as best in the world it shows how bad the heavyweight division is
 

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
Joined
·
8,579 Posts
TysonJones said:
We can finally agree on something CJ. I agree, but he'll beat ibragimov.
Its a start my friend :):thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,505 Posts
There probably has never been a Heavyweight world champion with a worse chin that Wlad, its astonishing how he gets by with it. I got a feeling Ibragimov will get KTFO here.
 

·
tellin' it like it is
Joined
·
18,612 Posts
LeedsLad said:
There probably has never been a Heavyweight world champion with a worse chin that Wlad, its astonishing how he gets by with it. I got a feeling Ibragimov will get KTFO here.

i'm thinking the same, but like you said wlad's chin makes things interesting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
424 Posts
Im going to go out on a limb and choose Sultan in this one. I just really really like him. After seeing him pound away basically every guy he has faced with great combo's i don't think Wlads chin will be able to take it. I mean, Sultan has a great chin, he was hit flush a few times by Briggs and didn't wobble once. And Sultan has been fighting big guys his entire career so i doubt Wlads height will give Sultan any problems. Though i might add i didn't see the Holyfield fight so... how'd he look in it?

I'm calling it as a Ud decision or late KO for Sultan Ibragimov.

-melty
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,210 Posts
Ill say Wlad by late tko, i think he will beat Sultan up pretty bad and either his corner wont let him come out or Wlad will just finish them. Wlad has really been impressive lately and i cant see anyone in the division beating him.
 

·
Team Mayweather
Joined
·
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
sultans chin isnt that great, wlads isnt either but wlad can punch much harder and sultan will have a hard time hitting wlads chin because of wlads jab, wlad by execution.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
424 Posts
Who has he fought lately? Lamon Brewster and Ray Austin...i had to wikipedia that **** because both those dudes are no-names, the fact that Wlad lost to Lamon shows how bad he really is IMO. His most impressive win lately has been against Calvin Brock, and Calvin just got exposed for not being any good.

-Melty
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,912 Posts
Klitchko wins by late ko in the first exciting HW fight in 10 years. :laugh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,210 Posts
Meltdown50 said:
Im going to go out on a limb and choose Sultan in this one. I just really really like him. After seeing him pound away basically every guy he has faced with great combo's i don't think Wlads chin will be able to take it. I mean, Sultan has a great chin, he was hit flush a few times by Briggs and didn't wobble once. And Sultan has been fighting big guys his entire career so i doubt Wlads height will give Sultan any problems. Though i might add i didn't see the Holyfield fight so... how'd he look in it?

I'm calling it as a Ud decision or late KO for Sultan Ibragimov.

-melty
I doubt Sultan will get to use his combos because of Wlads jab. He might not have the greatest chin in the world but he has the best jab in the world(hw). And i think this will be a blowout. And yes i will not forgive Sultan for beating Holyfield up :(
 

·
Wet Beaver Bandit
Joined
·
5,334 Posts
Brutus said:
I doubt Sultan will get to use his combos because of Wlads jab. He might not have the greatest chin in the world but he has the best jab in the world(hw). And i think this will be a blowout. And yes i will not forgive Sultan for beating Holyfield up :(
props to Holyfield though for not getting knocked out. The man still has heart, that's for sure.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,210 Posts
Hehe Holyfields heart is something that i think he will never lose. :) If you just would have been a little bigger :)
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
25,672 Posts
im taking sultan in this fight for the simple reason he's the best of the bunch, i think his soupaw lead will confuse mr wlad and with sultans workrate and ferocity he'll get a stoppage, it may even be earlier.

i like sultan although he was horrible against austin but he's the one that nobodys speaking of at the weight and from what ive seen this dude can really handle himself.

ive won a few vbookies with sultan in the past year and most have bet against so if anyone wants to make some vcash get your points on sultan.
 
1 - 20 of 143 Posts
Top