Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Im new to boxing and I really want to learn. Im 15 and I weigh 122 and im about 5'8. I need help with a workout routine and I dont know that much about nutrition. Also im not sure what I need to buy. Any help would be greatly apprieciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Hmmm.

Okay first of all in order to gain weight you need to eat.

I'm a hard gainer and its very hard for me to put on weight and keep it.

Here is the diet plan I came up with. I went from weighing 130 pounds to 141.5 in less than 5 monthes.

First of all you need to eat eat eat. Eat whenever you get the chance (preferably every 2 hours). You should never feel hungry, thats how much you should be eating. Now you should not eat just anything. If your trying to gain wieght you need 5 things

Complex Carbs
Protein
A good Exercise Program
10 hours of sleep per night
and a balanced Diet

Here is a meal plan for you for the day

Breakfast- Scrambled Eggs (3 whole eggs, 4 whites), yogurt with granola,

Muay Thai for 3 hours

Snack after practice- Tuna with Mayo and Relish or Chicken Breast with Thai Stir Fry Veggies, Amino Vital with either meal I choose

Weightlifting (as of right now I am maintaining my weight so I am doing endurance exercises high reps, low weight as well as cardio)

Before my workout I take a Nitric Oxide product called White Flood and Amino Vital

After my workout I take- Whey Protein, Nitro Tech Bar

Lunch- Muscle Milk RTD, Salad and either fish or chicken

Snack 2- Usually I'll eat pasta, or yogurt with fruit.

Snack 3- 2 Peanut Butter Sandwiches with 2 glasses of milk (milk is one of the easiest and cheapest source of calories and protein)

Dinner-Dinner Usually Varies

Fish (Salmon, Trout, Talapia, Flounder)
Chicken Breast
or Filet Mignon

with Mac and Cheese or Veggies or a Baked Potato

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu and Wrestling Class- 2.5 hours

Snack before bed- PB Sandwich and a Whey Protein Shake

On a side note you should also consider picking up a few things as far as supplements

Multivitamin
Joint Support Product
Fish and Flaxeed Oil
Emerald Balance

·
Registered
397 Posts
No problem bro. Knowledge is power.

Also some other things.

Make sure you keep clear of the following. You can use them but do it sparingly or in moderation.

Soft Drinks (pepsi, mountain dew)
Coffee
Energy Drinks (they speed up your metabolism which judging by your goals, you don't want)
Sugar

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I eat whatever I want , whenever I want. Im 5'10 ish and weigh around 175 pounds. Good build, solid muscle. I eat alot and work out hard. I drink a mountain dew probabley twice a week, usually on weekends when Im resting, i'll have one on saturday and one on sunday. Just eat and train hard. But dont burn more calories than you take in, or you will not gain weight.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Most sporting stores carry the everlast brand. At least where I live, YOu can find almost all your basic needs through everlast. A pair of 12 - 16 oz gloves would be a good start. a 100 pound heavybag, possibly a speedbag ( I custom made a platform for my set up ). A jumprope and some good old fashioned comfortable running shoes. Thats about all you need to start out. Hit both bags, run ,jumprope, situps, pushups, and food. You'll be a changed man in no time. You can teach yourself if you'd like. It all comes with practice. But the main thing I always go by, You can accomplish so much more when your in shape. You'll hit harder, you'll hit faster and you'll hit longer.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Thanks alot guys. Could you also tell me what to buy to start out with such as equipment.

If you're training at a gym usually they provide stuff for you like heavy bags, mitts, etc.

So all you'll really need is

A pair of Bag Gloves or Training Gloves
Handwraps
Cup
Mouthgaurd
and Maybe headgear if you plan on sparring

Also if you're lifting at the gym here is some stuff you might want to get to further aid you in your workout

Resistance Tubing for building Fast Twitch Muscles
Jump Rope
Weighted Gloves for shadow boxing
Weighted Vest
Fast Feet
Neck Developer

·
Registered
397 Posts
Resitance Tubing can be bought at Dicks Sporting Goods or Powersystems.com

Rope can be bought at Dicks

Weighted Gloves can be bought at Title Boxing or Dicks

Weighted Vests can be bought at Dicks or most online sports retailers

Fast Feet can be bought at Titleboxing

Neck Developer can be bought at Dicks or Modells

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Don't forget to include some roadwork in your training. At least twice a week. You need to incorporate sprints in your routine it will increase your stamina and it well help you "explode" while throwing fast combos in the ring.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Don't forget to include some roadwork in your training. At least twice a week. You need to incorporate sprints in your routine it will increase your stamina and it well help you "explode" while throwing fast combos in the ring.
I find if i do roadwork. I can't hit the bag aswell later on in the afternoon. So i don't do roadwork. I do a lot of skipping.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts