Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a pain on the outside part of my right wrist. its nothing broken, and i could probably train through it. should i rest it or train?

·
Registered
841 Posts
i have a pain on the outside part of my right wrist. its nothing broken, and i could probably train through it. should i rest it or train?
Same thing happened to me a few years back when my wraps were no longer usable at the time. So It's probably from hitting the heavy bag without appropriate wrist protection. Bad news-Mine didn't go away for about a year but I kept at it and ignored the pain until scar tissue eventually formed over damaged ligaments rendering it painless. Don't know if you've been wearing wraps, but if you have, start wrapping more tightly around your wrist, other than that just ignore it, it's not that big a deal.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well i had huge 16 oz ones so i didnt wear wraps. if i start doing so will that took care of that pain on the bag?

·
Registered
212 Posts
well i had huge 16 oz ones so i didnt wear wraps. if i start doing so will that took care of that pain on the bag?
na man you ALWAYS have to wear hand wraps, doesnt matter what kind of gloves you have. Make sure you use the 180 inch mexican style ones. And if you dont know exactly how to do it, go on youtube theres a lot of tutorials for hand wraps. I messed up my hand once too from wearing short wraps, i worked thru it and messed it up more. So I think you should get a wrist splint and let it heal for atleast 3 or 4 days before you start training again. You can get them at like a walgreens or rite aid, places like that.

·
Registered
841 Posts
Imo you don't need a splint. My guess is that you just strained or pulled some ligaments surrounding your carpal bones. No blood supply to ligaments, so longer healing process. Just take it easy on your wrist and wrap it up tight before you start boxing and you should be fine.

·
Registered
212 Posts
probably didnt do anything, but you dont wanna make it worse. a splints not a big deal you can just take it on n off whenever you want, and it'll probably get better in a few days. When i messed up my hand i thought it was a hairline fracture so i got an x ray, the doctor couldent see anything so they just told me to get a splint and it got better.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
alright thank you i just did speedbag jump rope and shadowboxing today i cut the heavy bag ill probably do that til monday. is that sound good?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts