Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Ring online's homepage has been replaced by Pro Wrestling Illustrateds homepage! This had better be a joke or a glitch.

If not i'm gonna have to find De La Hoya and give him a piece of my mind :mad:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Damn, this is fukked up. Samoa Joe is the best in the world P4P. :laugh:

They must be revamping the site or something like that.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Does beg the question why replace it with wrestling tho?

Unless this is part of Oscar and Floyd's big plan. First floyd headlines wrestlemania, then Oscar buys WWE and merges the worlds of professional wrestling and boxing into one super sport to combat the threat of MMA...

No?

Just an idea :laugh:

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Does beg the question why replace it with wrestling tho?

Unless this is part of Oscar and Floyd's big plan. First floyd headlines wrestlemania, then Oscar buys WWE and merges the worlds of professional wrestling and boxing into one super sport to combat the threat of MMA...

No?

Just an idea :laugh:
The ring has always been about wrestling and boxing. There is just no boxing on the site now. LOL!

I think they must be going to publish two seperate sites. One for boxing and one for wrestling.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PWI has been around for years, it's pretty much the most respected magazine out there for wrestling, tho it doesn't break Kayfabe (means it treats it as real, which is just a bit lame). It's owned by the same holding group as The Ring so they might just be trying to work out a structure for it's new website. Why they've bothered to mess around with The Ring's site is still a mystery to me tho.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It was initially set up to cover both, but quickly stopped covering wrestling as they realised it wasn't real. They haven't covered it for like 70 years or something.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts