Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
By Mark Vester

The WWE has released their first-quarter numbers to stockholders and investors. WrestleMania 24, featuring Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. The Big Show, did well below the WWE's expectations. The event had a buyrate of 1,058,000 million buys with a profit number of $23.8 million. During a recent conference call with investors, the company denied paying Mayweather anywhere close to $20 million dollars. Most insiders says the real number is closer to $5 million.

Last year's WrestleMania 23 featuring Donald Trump had a buyrate of 1,200,000 and made $24 million dollars. The company was hoping to surpass last year's number by a significant amount with the involvement of Mayweather. This year's WrestleMania was priced at $54.95, while the price tag for last year was $49.95.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Damn the hate in you is strong kid. "WWE dissappointed in Floyd's PPV numbers." LMAO. It sounds like their fans are slowly starting to fade out in realization that WWE is retarded. We've known for months that they weren't paying him 20.

·
Registered
707 Posts
what the f*ck ever. you have to be the most close minded,unable to see the truth fan out there. Floyd does not bring people to the tent he never has. the only times he had good success was due to Oscar and the Hatton fans watching when will you accept that fact?

·
Banned
38 Posts
Dear Friends
kind regards
I feel that Vince McMahon is now officially losing the plot.
He has let his daughter Stephanie run the WWE into the ground over the past few years by employing little weed wrestlers like Zach Gowen and Brian Kendrick.
Furthermore, the wrestlers nowadays are devoid of star quality, John Cena and Batista come to mind.
McMahon should have done himself a favour and employed Adam West and Burt Ward to participate in the WWE TV programming and Wrestlemania.
That frog face Mayweather cannot carry Adam West' jockstrap.
I have been telling people at 411mania.com forum since 2003 that Adam West would be the saviour of the WWE if McMahon considered employing him.
It is a damn shame that Adam West has never been invited to appear in the WWE, but he has made a wrestling appearance before.
Here is Adam "Batman" West confronting Jerry Lawler in the USWA.

I think that the members of Boxingforum.com should email WWE and ask them to employ Adam West.
If you could all kindly follow my instruction A.S.A.P I'd appreciate it.
yours thankfully
John

·
Premium Member
1,908 Posts
I think that the members of Boxingforum.com should email WWE and ask them to employ Adam West.
yours thankfully
John
Maybe Ill get my 10 year old nephew to do it. I wouldn't want them to think a grown ass man would write a complaint email like that.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Dear Friends
kind regards
He has let his daughter Stephanie run the WWE into the ground over the past few years by employing little weed wrestlers like Zach Gowen and Brian Kendrick.
Furthermore, the wrestlers nowadays are devoid of star quality, John Cena and Batista come to mind.
McMahon should have done himself a favour and employed Adam West and Burt Ward to participate in the WWE TV programming and Wrestlemania.
I have been telling people at 411mania.com forum since 2003 that Adam West would be the saviour of the WWE if McMahon considered employing him.
It is a damn shame that Adam West has never been invited to appear in the WWE, but he has made a wrestling appearance before.

yours thankfully
John

ROF!

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
They are disappointed becasue they wanted 1.3 million buys. They still did close to 1.1 million buys. Still damn good. Boxing fans weren't going to buy this ppv even if they were floyd fans. I know I didnt. Donald trump is still a bigger household name than floyd. I expected this.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
Dear Friends
kind regards

yours thankfully
John
I e-mailed the WWe on behalf on the forum and they were quite receptive to the idea of employing Mr West.
so as we speak, arrangements are in process to transport Mr WEST and all his life support medical equipment from his nursing home in Beverly Hills to the WWe head quaters,where he'll be conducting verbal dialisis,I mean analisis from a special podium,personaly designed with his condition in mind by none other than the Undertaker, so you see mr Moral here at the forum we take your sugestions very seriously thank you once again.....;)

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
what the f*ck ever. you have to be the most close minded,unable to see the truth fan out there. Floyd does not bring people to the tent he never has. the only times he had good success was due to Oscar and the Hatton fans watching when will you accept that fact?
:laugh:You got on and only posted about Floyd today! LMAO:laugh:

Oh and your post makes ZERO sense in response to what I said. Keep sippin'.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
PEOPLE IS NOT FLOYDS FAULT!!! ITS ******* PROFFESIONAL WRESTLING!!!! There is not enough little kids, sex offenders and gay people in the world to make WWE as big as it was ;)

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I agree, there have been alot of slips recently in the wwe. From the steroid thing, to the accusation of mcmahon telling everyone its fake. TO the actual video proof of it being fake. Pro wrestling has taken a big fall from what it used to be.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Sorry to have offended your god (Floyd).The post makes a point that you are totally unable to come to terms with the fact that Floyd is not a popular fighter and therefore not a big draw for pay per view buyers.And as far as when and what I post I find it interesting that you would bother to know when and what I have posted. I would assume your to busy with Floyd fan stuff to bad mouth me.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
PEOPLE IS NOT FLOYDS FAULT!!! ITS ******* PROFFESIONAL WRESTLING!!!! There is not enough little kids, sex offenders and gay people in the world to make WWE as big as it was ;)
You're wrong Brutus. It's called FMWWE now. He was the only one fighting on the Wrestlemania card. There weren't ten other "matches". It is all his fault. 1.1 million bought it only for him. Fukkin dumbasses on here man.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Sorry to have offended your god (Floyd).The post makes a point that you are totally unable to come to terms with the fact that Floyd is not a popular fighter and therefore not a big draw for pay per view buyers.

Im sorry, I thought this was a WWE PPV event. Not a boxing event. Floyd doubled this ppv event with his fight against oscar.

And as far as when and what I post I find it interesting that you would bother to know when and what I have posted. I would assume your to busy with Floyd fan stuff to bad mouth me.

We know when and what everyone post man......

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Sorry to have offended your god (Floyd).The post makes a point that you are totally unable to come to terms with the fact that Floyd is not a popular fighter and therefore not a big draw for pay per view buyers.And as far as when and what I post I find it interesting that you would bother to know when and what I have posted. I would assume your to busy with Floyd fan stuff to bad mouth me.
:laugh:You're a Floyd fan. Admit it. You come on here and ONLY post in a thread about Floyd! LMAO at you! Your attempted insults towards me affect me about as much as the weather in Haiti homie. Are you 50 or something? You remind me of old people.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
By Mark Vester

The WWE has released their first-quarter numbers to stockholders and investors. WrestleMania 24, featuring Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs. The Big Show, did well below the WWE's expectations. The event had a buyrate of 1,058,000 million buys with a profit number of $23.8 million. During a recent conference call with investors, the company denied paying Mayweather anywhere close to $20 million dollars. Most insiders says the real number is closer to $5 million.

Last year's WrestleMania 23 featuring Donald Trump had a buyrate of 1,200,000 and made $24 million dollars. The company was hoping to surpass last year's number by a significant amount with the involvement of Mayweather. This year's WrestleMania was priced at $54.95, while the price tag for last year was $49.95.
ROFL Even old Donald Trump can outdraw Mayfeather cant he. He's worried Cotto cant draw fans heck its him cant draw them not Cotto
:cheeky4::cheeky4::cheeky4:

·
8,579 Posts
Thats because DelaHoya was the draw Not Mayfeather. Geez when will you disciples realise Mayweather couldnt draw a picture No One likes him

·
8,579 Posts
ITs cj's alt.
Do NOT accuse me of having alternate names Lance. Youre on probation already you know dont make me have to report your silliness AGAIN!!!

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Delahoya has ever come close to that number before, his only time was against trinidad and one can argue that trinidad is just as big of draw as oscar. Especially in PR. Oscar vs mayorga only did 900K. Explain the 2.4 MILLION to me now?

1 - 20 of 47 Posts