Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I might as well introduce myself if I'm going to start posting around here. Well, obviously the name's Frankie, and I'm the jack of all trades. For a living I test software, bounce at a nightclub, and play guitar/sing in a band. I'm also a shade tree automotive and motorcycle mechanic, firearms enthusiast, computer gamer, father of two, and a mighty cool husband if I do say so myself.

Fitness-wise, I'm coming off 3-4 years of strength training. My base weight was 160lbs, but now I'm up to 200-205 and 13% BF. My newest endeavor is amateur boxing, which is why I'm here now. I started training yesterday and I love it!

So, with that, nice to meet you guys. I'll be poking around and learning what I can since I'm new to boxing. Any tips or pointers would be appreciated.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Frankie said:
Figured I might as well introduce myself if I'm going to start posting around here. Well, obviously the name's Frankie, and I'm the jack of all trades. For a living I test software, bounce at a nightclub, and play guitar/sing in a band. I'm also a shade tree automotive and motorcycle mechanic, firearms enthusiast, computer gamer, father of two, and a mighty cool husband if I do say so myself.

Fitness-wise, I'm coming off 3-4 years of strength training. My base weight was 160lbs, but now I'm up to 200-205 and 13% BF. My newest endeavor is amateur boxing, which is why I'm here now. I started training yesterday and I love it!

So, with that, nice to meet you guys. I'll be poking around and learning what I can since I'm new to boxing. Any tips or pointers would be appreciated.
welcome to the forum frankie, great to have you on board.

be sure to check out the training section for tips and stuff. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tommygunn said:
welcome to the forum frankie, great to have you on board.

be sure to check out the training section for tips and stuff. :thumbsup:
Alright! I think I'll enjoy being here. I think I already found one good discussion in the training section already. Looks like I'll have something to do at work today afterall.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Frankie said:

Yeh welcome to the forum Frankie you wont find a better place to chat about boxing. Trust :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Welcome Aboard:thumbsup:

Yep we love our boxing man, let us know who your favourite boxers are and we can spark some discussion:thumbsup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, being a product of the early 80's, of course I like Tyson. I also enjoyed watching David Tua and Lennox Lewis fight. I think that my favorite, current boxer right now is Zab Judah. He's just an overall entertaining fighter to watch.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Welcome to the best boxing talk website available online Frankie! I hope to see you around much more, and good luck with all of your endeavors.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
welcome aboard, my first tip is, if you gained 40 pounds of muscle to box, Not a great idea if your base weight was 160. Strenthg and condition is great but jumping 40 pounds in weight seems like alot of eating and weightlifting. Not so much true boxing shape conditioning. Rj could pull it over. i dunno about you lol. Once you start boxing and training hard, alot of that pure muscle will come off because you will want to lift a little less but you see to already be in amazing physical form so you will still be muscular just alot more cut and ripped. Especially your shoulders. Anywayz, i know this is long and you probabbley dislike me now because of what i said but man all i got is love for anyone who boxers or watches it :thumbsup: :thumbsup: good luck man. I also am a car nut ( american only though ).

I have 1 kid ( 1 more on the way )
Im about to be officially married
Have an ameteur record of 43 and 3
Im an intern accountant at the moment because im still finishing college.
I have 2 Trans Am ws6's ( I drag race one )
And my weight is usually around 160 - 165 when im in fighting shape. I weight about 174 today.
Im also a boxing collector, so if you want to see a fight, i most likely got it.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
Welcome.:thumbsup: I'm looking forward to talking boxing and debating with you.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
lol oh i bet you are bill. especially since he likes tyson. :cheeky4: Tyson # 1 heavy ever , baddest man on the planet. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nah, I put on 40lbs of muscle just to do it. I wanted to see if I could break 200lbs. Well, I did, so now I'm on to something else. I'm already down to 194lbs after two weeks in the gym, but I can only assume that's water weight. Tampa Bay Boxing doesn't have a lick of AC, and it's hot down here in Florida. I've never sweat so much in my life.

Rock on with American cars! I've got a '67 Camaro, '79 DeVille, and '87 Brougham. My wife just sold her '96 Trans-Am too.

Glad to be here, and I'm glad to be training. Boxing training sure does a lot of ab and leg exercises. My poor lower body.

·
Premium Member
9,662 Posts
The baddest man on the plantet at his best:

Ive always wondered where Tyson got his chocolate from.

"Man that pimp can hit!!!"

"Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yummy...sweaty ear"

1 - 15 of 15 Posts