1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
1. Joe Calzaghe
2. Manny Pacqiuao
3. Michael Katsidis
4. Miguel Cotto
5. Ricky Hatton (more for his personality)

·
Registered
119 Posts
Seeing as katsidis struggled with amonsot i think it would be over pretty quick, pacquiao is a much better boxer. But it would be awesome for about 3 or 4 rounds, and hagler hearns only needed 3 to be my favourite fight.

And katsidis will have a punchers chance if not much else. Katsidis is just fun to watch, doesn't take a step back, headhunts rather than body shots, carries real power in his fists, and the fight with graham earl earlier this year was absolutely awesome (even if it was mainly just earl having his arse handed to him). But with a step up in quality it'll be interesting to see how he does. Then again if it was at lightweight i think he'd be naturally stronger than pac-man so it might last a bit longer. Not gonna change the outcome tho.

Either way i'd pay good money to see it.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
#1. joe calzaghe-ricky hatton.
#2. alex artur.
#3. oscar de la hoya.
#4. antonio margarito.
#5. manny pacquio.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I would LOVE to see that fight!

#3 Chad Dawson
#4 Jean Pascal
#5 Bernard Hopkins

Cotto is working his way onto my list.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
oh crap i forgot about dawson, hes 6th on my list. yeah pac/katsidas would be aweomse while it lasted, but i dunno, it may be a full out 12 round drag out war, katsidas has an amazing chin and unbelievable heart. i saw the fight online but i dont have it on dvd, can anyone help me out?

·
Registered
119 Posts
I don't have it on dvd unfortunately, i only saw it on the night because audley harrison v michael sprott and amir khan vs some nobody finished early, so itv graced us with a good fight for once, which they didn't show live either.

I don't think it would go 12. Yes he stood up to earls punches (even tho there was a knockdown), but earl was on the back foot so couldn't load up, and he'd get punished by pacquiao so even if he didn't go down i'd go for tko by ref stoppage or cuts. But if it went 12 i wouldn't be complaining, i think they would go all out to destroy each other.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
If it weren't for cuts the fight would go the distance. Katsidis cuts easily, but it doesn't faze him in the least. All it would take is one punch from Katsidis to sit little Manny down for a nap.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Ninjadude said:
Seeing as katsidis struggled with amonsot i think it would be over pretty quick, pacquiao is a much better boxer. But it would be awesome for about 3 or 4 rounds, and hagler hearns only needed 3 to be my favourite fight.

And katsidis will have a punchers chance if not much else. Katsidis is just fun to watch, doesn't take a step back, headhunts rather than body shots, carries real power in his fists, and the fight with graham earl earlier this year was absolutely awesome (even if it was mainly just earl having his arse handed to him). But with a step up in quality it'll be interesting to see how he does. Then again if it was at lightweight i think he'd be naturally stronger than pac-man so it might last a bit longer. Not gonna change the outcome tho.

Either way i'd pay good money to see it.
I agree. I'd love to see that fight. I actually think it would be closer than you do, but I still think Pacman would come out on top. Katsidis' fight with Amonsot was one of, if not my favorite fight of the year. Cut to hell with the fight ready to be stopped at any second, he kept coming forward pounding his way to victory.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Yeah he's a warrior, and he has a fairly good chin, but from what i remember of the amonsot fight (and i was pretty drunk, in a spanish bar at 3 in the morning, getting distracted by all the lovely ladies walking past :D ) amonsot seemed to be boxing him fairly well, and trading pretty well too. And amonsot is nowhere near pacquaio. But i think you might have a point aboutght pacquiao's chin, tho even if he goes down i'd pick him to get back up and win comfortably.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks to Poet i have been able to watch some matches..

so here it is:

1. Hatton
2. Mayweather jr.
3. Amir Khan
4. Calzaghe
5. Mosley

·
Registered
119 Posts
So r.i.p. eddie who wins out of your top 2 then? Difficult choice to make eh?.

Nice football team by the way :) come on nani!

Also is the username for eddie guerrero or am i just being dense?

·
Registered
652 Posts
Alot of Great fighters around and entertaining ones.

My favourites
1.David Haye
2.Joe Calzaghe
3.Miguel Cotto
4.Edwin Valero
5.Paul Williams

Also Manny Paquiao, Ricky Hatton and Alexandre Povetkin.:)

1 - 20 of 58 Posts