Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Which fight is the one you are looking most forward to?

• Taylor vs. Lacy

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • Williams vs. Phillips

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Abraham vs. Marquez

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cunningham vs. Adamek

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Haye vs. Barrett

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • Holt vs. Torres

Votes: 4 26.7%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The way I see it, the rest of the 2008 year is being broke up into 3 major fights. Calzghe vs. Jones Nov. 8, Hatton vs. Malignaggi Nov. 22 and Pacqiauo vs. De La Hoya Dec. 6. However, there are a bunch of quality fights to look forward to that are "flying under the radar" somewhat. Which one is your favorite and why? I'm actually pretty pumped for the Lacy vs. Taylor fight. Whichever guy wins vaults himself into title contention.

·
Keeping it real
3,621 Posts
Apart from calzaghe/jones i'm looking forward to haye/barrett as i'm hoping to see haye do really well at heavyweight and bring a bit more excitement to the division.
I do hope barett lands a few bombs on him though so that if he gets ktfo it saves me building my hopes up!:D

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Apart from calzaghe/jones i'm looking forward to haye/barrett as i'm hoping to see haye do really well at heavyweight and bring a bit more excitement to the division.
I do hope barett lands a few bombs on him though so that if he gets ktfo it saves me building my hopes up!:D
I hope Haye has his chin tested too. But I hope he isn't KTFO :laugh::laugh:.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Taylor-Lacy baby. It won't be close but it will be entertaining.
I agree. In many ways these two are in similar positions and at similar points in their careers. Both still trying to recover from the first losses of their careers. A lot at stake.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
I agree. In many ways these two are in similar positions and at similar points in their careers. Both still trying to recover from the first losses of their careers. A lot at stake.
Taylor has accomplished a lot more though and his defeat wasn't as crushing as Lacy's. The only thing they have in common is the fact they were in the same olympic team.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Taylor has accomplished a lot more though and his defeat wasn't as crushing as Lacy's. The only thing they have in common is the fact they were in the same olympic team.
I don't think Lacy's loss should've been as crushing as it appears it has been for him. Calzaghe is a future hall of famer. And whose to say how crushing the Pavlik losses have been for Taylor until we see him fight again. I don't have any reason to doubt that he won't be as good as ever but who knows.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Taylor already proved the loss didn't affect him when he rematched Pavlik right away and lost a close decision. I'm not saying Calzaghe ruined Lacy because I don't think Lacy was great to begin with but his chin seems to be more fragile now.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Holt vs Torres III for me :) They are both coming to bang and damnit it will be entertaining.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Holt-Torres III is what's up, a real possible exciting fight and it'll be very competitive. An aggressive P4P punching brawler against a reluctant boxer-puncher that brings out his best against Torres. Taylor-Lacy will be excitingly one sided and I want to see how Williwms does above 147 against a titleholder same with Haye (without the titleholder part), the rest are still pretty interesting.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Holt-Torres III is what's up, a real possible exciting fight and it'll be very competitive. An aggressive P4P punching brawler against a reluctant boxer-puncher that brings out his best against Torres. Taylor-Lacy will be excitingly one sided and I want to see how Williwms does above 147 against a titleholder same with Haye (without the titleholder part), the rest are still pretty interesting.
I can't wait for Holt-Torres either, but for me I am looking forward to Adamek-Cunningham the most. I've spoken to Steve the past two Sundays and he is very confident in a win. I, however, will be pulling for Adamek and can't wait for this fight.

I also can't wait for Caballero-Molitor as well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts