Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Floyd Mayweather Jr - None :D. Just kidding he has a tough time dealing with good stiff jabs and he likes to throw one punch at a time so he doesn't leave himself open to counters. That cost him several rounds that his opponents won based on activity.

Miguel Angel Cotto - Is on queer street when he takes a shot he didn't see coming. Is open to uppercuts in the middle.

Manny Pacquiao - Is sometimes predictable.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Pavlik doesn't seem to have a glaring weakness at this point at his defense is constantly improving and his stamina is great. He has such a high work-rate and the damage from his punches might be more from accumulation than one big punch, but the damage sure does accumulate quickly.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Floyd Mayweather Jr - None :D. Just kidding he has a tough time dealing with good stiff jabs and he likes to throw one punch at a time so he doesn't leave himself open to counters. That cost him several rounds that his opponents won based on activity.

Miguel Angel Cotto - Is on queer street when he takes a shot he didn't see coming. Is open to uppercuts in the middle.

Manny Pacquiao - Is sometimes predictable.
Nobody can take a shot they dont see coming. Thats how people get knocked out. If you do see them coming I think you can take the biggest punch and not fall. ex.Trinidad-Mayorga.

Juan Manuel Lopez - likes to adjust his pants during the fight. thats about it.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Weaknesses of Fighters:
Ricky Hatton - No head movement
Oscar de la Hoya - Often abandons his jab. Gets tired
Juan Manuel Marquez - Goes down to often
Manny Pacquiao - Lunges in too far when he throws his left hand

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Floyd - Retires too much. Is so good at boxing that he avoids risk at the higher weights and is satisfied with just outboxing guys.

Mosley - Thinks he has more power than he does. This ended up costing him against Cotto. When he boxes, he's among the best.

G

·
Khan - question mark on his chin although I think people think it's worse than it is. Needs to keep his hands up consistently and move well when he starts fighting the big boys.

Hatton - lunges into punches leaving himself open for counter hooks. Baloons in between fights and drinks heavily. Chin is not what it once was and he holds more than I'd like although the Lazcano fight showed he can still box well when he needs to. Still the best at 140.

Calzaghe - starting to show signs of declining handspeed which is one of his biggest weapons. Still P4P king IMO, beating a prime Pavlik at 36/37 will prove this beyond doubt.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Calzaghe: Lacks the KO power he used to have (but thinks he still has it), and gets drawn into dirty fights far too easily when he could stay outside and box.

Hatton: Smothers his own best work by running in and clinching.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Nobody can take a shot they dont see coming. Thats how people get knocked out. If you do see them coming I think you can take the biggest punch and not fall. ex.Trinidad-Mayorga.
Watch DLH/Mayorga. Oscar gets caught with a huge uppercut in the 2nd or 3rd round (he didn't see that one coming) and he's not even wobbled. I agree anybody can get hurt with that kind of punch but Cotto doesn't react well when he's being surprised.

Juan Manuel Marquez - Goes down to often
:laugh:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts