2. Pernell Whitaker
3. Muhammad Ali
4. SRL
5. Mikkel Kessler

·
Blood Clot Jungle Techno
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Asoon as you get into a list of five and then see others preferences you think of more fighters you like.. I loved Winky Wright and i was a big fan of Arturo Gatti

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
Top Five Favorite Fighters:

1) Meldrick Taylor
2) Ivan Robinson
3) Arturo Gatti
4) Matthew Saad Muhammad
5) Bernard Hopkins

I know Gatti is the odd man out there but anyone who's got 5 fights of the year and his name ain't Ali...or Basilio... gets on my list. Besides, I loved Robinson beating his ass in 2 fights too much.

·
Blood Clot Jungle Techno
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Obama.

Them Gatti and Ivan Robinson fights are brilliant.
I loved Meldrick Taylor too, what a shame that after the Chavez first fight he never really got over that. His hand speed in that fight was breathtaking.

Should Richard Steele have stopped that? A bit like Moseley and Mayorga from this year. He took a hell of a beating against Chavez but boxed out of this world at times. I head Taylor was urinating blood for a week. Lou duva wasn't happy with Steele that night

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
Obama.

Them Gatti and Ivan Robinson fights are brilliant.
I loved Meldrick Taylor too, what a shame that after the Chavez first fight he never really got over that. His hand speed in that fight was breathtaking.

Should Richard Steele have stopped that? A bit like Moseley and Mayorga from this year. He took a hell of a beating against Chavez but boxed out of this world at times. I head Taylor was urinating blood for a week. Lou duva wasn't happy with Steele that night
The fight ruined Taylor, he'd never go on to put on another great performance. If Steele had to stop the fight I wish it happened before the damage had accumulated and his career could have been saved. But considering he went a full 12 grueling rounds he could of at least left with a win. That said, stopping the fight wasn't a bad call, Taylor was definitely done. He should have simply taken a knee and he'd of won the fight =\. I blame Duva more than Steele for what happened since he told Taylor to go out there and win the last round as opposed to survive it.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
In the documentary Duva said he told him to dance and move, but NOT get into a fight. Is that not the case? Taylor still boxes today but is severley punch drunk :(
Duva says one thing but he did another. They have the footage of Duva talking to Taylor in the corner and he says absolutely nothing about sticking and moving. He specifically told Taylor to go out and fight.

·
Registered
830 Posts
2) Ivan Robinson/QUOTE]

A realky good amateur too.

I watched a cracking fight he had a couple of days ago when going through some dvds.

I think it was a golden gloves fight. At any rate it was an amateur bout with Oscar de la Hoya and it was a superb boxing match that could of gone either way that they edged for Oscar in.

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
2) Ivan Robinson/QUOTE]

A realky good amateur too.

I watched a cracking fight he had a couple of days ago when going through some dvds.

I think it was a golden gloves fight. At any rate it was an amateur bout with Oscar de la Hoya and it was a superb boxing match that could of gone either way that they edged for Oscar in.
I've seen that fight, the announcers acted like Oscar dominated ...

·
Blood Clot Jungle Techno
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Duva says one thing but he did another. They have the footage of Duva talking to Taylor in the corner and he says absolutely nothing about sticking and moving. He specifically told Taylor to go out and fight.

You're right there :(

1 - 20 of 32 Posts