Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on a one week business trip to Frostburg MD. My car was parked right outside the door to a Hampton Inn. I arrived on Sunday night, and Tuesday morning I walked out of the hotel door to head to the jobsite only to find my ride looking like this:

Sorry for the quality of the pics. They came from a coworkers cell phone.

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
dirty scumbags!!!

whats the cops saying captain?

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I'm sorry but that is straight out of Dallas, Texas. That took them approximately 5 minutes or less. You must have had aftermarket wheels because they usually don't mess with stockies. I'm guessing the Motel doesn't have surveillance cameras. Good luck getting everything taken care of.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To answer all of the questions, yes they were aftermarket wheels. Value around 2K. They had wheel locks installed, but obviously the thieves knew what they were doing. They probably saw the car in the lot the day I came in, checked it out, and then returned knowing what they would need.
The hotel had no security cameras of course, and noone said they saw anything.
The cop that came by said he hadnt seen anything like that in their town in 30 years of service. The part that discouraged me was when he asked for a description of the wheels . I told him the were 18" alloy wheels, and asked me how to spell alloy. I pretty much knew at that point I'd never be seeing those again, lol.

After battling with the hotel, I eventually got a response from Hilton (Hampton Inn is a subsidiary of Hilton I guess) and they comped my stay for the week I was there.

I ended up having to have my brother ship my stock wheels and old tires out to the hotel (It was a 5 hour drive each way, so shipping was necessary) and then I installed them in the parking lot.

Insurance appears to be covering the loss, so thats a relief.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The funny thing is that I live in Philadelphia, and there have been no attempts, but I drive out to the middle of freaking nowhere in Frostburg MD and they get swiped in less than 2 days. WTF

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
You figured correctly. I had my complete stereo stolen out of my Honda in 2002 within ten minutes of me being inside of a liquor store in Dallas. They get the headunit, speakers, amp, both subs, and the box. It is crazy that it happened to you in MD though :) At least insurance is covering it. What kind of wheels do you have? That seems pricy at $2500. Are they Volks or what? JW becasue I have a 350Z with 19' Volks and they were pricey.

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The stockers were OZ racing wheels 15" gunmetal. Those weere the ones that the insurance company is paying to replace because they were OEM. The actual stolen rims were these. GTR-1's in Bronze with a chrome lip:

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
that doe ssuck, that are pretty good looking wheels. I know i have some LG motorsports g2 wheels that were like 3700 with tires becasue they weigh like 12 pounds apiece.( very light ) and it scared me now that even with wheel locks some guys can get them out. Luckily its always garaged.

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
Captainobvious
I am very sorry for your loss. I know how you feel the same thing happened to me except that they just dropped the car on the floor and damaged my under body. The place I lived in was so bad that I used leave my car unlocked so that they wouldn't break it to get in. anyway better luck next time.
David

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
wow that's unreal. I live in Cumberland Md, which is like 10 min away from Frostburgh. I have never heard of something like happening around here. It pisses me off knowing some people in this world, and in my area, are thet pathetic. Sorry about your loss.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
I'd like to park a car with nice looking wheels in a typically theft apt area and post up with a sniper rifle from about 300 feet away:)

·
Registered
3,348 Posts
I would be your spotter. But too bad it would illegal.

And one time in band camp.
I left all 4 doors unlocked and some dumb crack head still broke my back window to get in.:confused:
Then he/she went through the whole car and made a big mess. But the dummy didn't check the ashtray it had about $25.00 in coin.:cheeky4:
I had to inspect the inside of the car for needles & ship before my fam or I got in the car.:mad:
I am so happy to be out of that place.:D
Dave

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
I'd like to park a car with nice looking wheels in a typically theft apt area and post up with a sniper rifle from about 300 feet away:)
You didnt happen tolive in D.C. for a while a few years back did you ?

1 - 20 of 57 Posts