Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Baddest Man On The Planet
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WBA #5 featherweight Yuriorkis Gamboa (8-0, 7 KOs) blew away Gilberto Luque (7-4-2) in only 1:54. The Olympic gold medalist sent his opponent to the canvas for the first time after only 30 seconds with a left from nowhere. After two more knockdowns the referee stopped the fight. Time was 1:54.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
yeah that is a bad record, but norwood is like 44 2, a huge stepup, i still felt like gamboa would win. Im sure its just a stay busy fight, he recently fought against de jesus about a month ago.

·
Registered
808 Posts
WBA #5 featherweight Yuriorkis Gamboa (8-0, 7 KOs) blew away Gilberto Luque (7-4-2) in only 1:54. The Olympic gold medalist sent his opponent to the canvas for the first time after only 30 seconds with a left from nowhere. After two more knockdowns the referee stopped the fight. Time was 1:54.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
he was going to fight freddie norwood but i think they changed it to another bum fighter. :(

Freddie Norwood is no bum fighter LOL Or he wasnt he needs to retire now Little Hagler could fight

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
yea but against norwood would put him in another place since norwood was a WBA champion, the guy he's fighting today is a 2 win 4 losses mexican fighter. :dunno:
Its hard to judge mexican fighters coming here. I remember a few years ago we had two come in for a card in Ft Worth Tx one had a 20-0-18ko record the other was 14-8 Jesse the guy who was supposed to face the 20-0 guy almost backed out he was glad he didnt the guy must have been fighting drunks & taxi drivers he was pathetic jesse Ko'd him in the 2nd round. The 14-8 guy beat the living heck out of an unbeaten fighter from las vegas who his manager claimed was a future champ. Records in Mexico dont tell the full story

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.