Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Baddest Man On The Planet
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WBA #5 featherweight Yuriorkis Gamboa (8-0, 7 KOs) blew away Gilberto Luque (7-4-2) in only 1:54. The Olympic gold medalist sent his opponent to the canvas for the first time after only 30 seconds with a left from nowhere. After two more knockdowns the referee stopped the fight. Time was 1:54.

·
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
he was going to fight freddie norwood but i think they changed it to another bum fighter. :(

·
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah it was going to be norwood, another bum fighter? he's fought nothing but good fighteres for only 7 fights.
yea but against norwood would put him in another place since norwood was a WBA champion, the guy he's fighting today is a 2 win 4 losses mexican fighter. :dunno:

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
yeah that is a bad record, but norwood is like 44 2, a huge stepup, i still felt like gamboa would win. Im sure its just a stay busy fight, he recently fought against de jesus about a month ago.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Ive seen a few vids of this guy on youtube, the guy is unreal he is definitely going to be the show. I think he can give any of the top dogs in the superfeatherweight division a run for their money..

·
Registered
808 Posts
WBA #5 featherweight Yuriorkis Gamboa (8-0, 7 KOs) blew away Gilberto Luque (7-4-2) in only 1:54. The Olympic gold medalist sent his opponent to the canvas for the first time after only 30 seconds with a left from nowhere. After two more knockdowns the referee stopped the fight. Time was 1:54.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
he was going to fight freddie norwood but i think they changed it to another bum fighter. :(

Freddie Norwood is no bum fighter LOL Or he wasnt he needs to retire now Little Hagler could fight

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
yea but against norwood would put him in another place since norwood was a WBA champion, the guy he's fighting today is a 2 win 4 losses mexican fighter. :dunno:
Its hard to judge mexican fighters coming here. I remember a few years ago we had two come in for a card in Ft Worth Tx one had a 20-0-18ko record the other was 14-8 Jesse the guy who was supposed to face the 20-0 guy almost backed out he was glad he didnt the guy must have been fighting drunks & taxi drivers he was pathetic jesse Ko'd him in the 2nd round. The 14-8 guy beat the living heck out of an unbeaten fighter from las vegas who his manager claimed was a future champ. Records in Mexico dont tell the full story

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Its now the results thread. Im required to change it after the fight is over and to post the result of the fight. Its part of how boxingforum works, Im sorry if you dont like it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts