• Lopez via K.O.

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Gamboa via K.O.

Votes: 3 27.3%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
Damn it would be a great fight but id have to go with JuanMa. His power would stop Gamboa IMO.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
This shitt would be an explosive fight, I'm going with Gamboa by stoppage because he's even more of a beast now at 126. Even right now, I see Gamboa taking this, he already has the overall better quality opposition (or at least even).

I love the accurate, powerful, counter right hook that Juanma throws, but I think you need both hands against Yuriorkis, he's been stunned never hurt. Even though I like YG, this fight is a 50/50 fight any way you look at it.

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gamboa going the distance with Jimenez throws me off a bit, I'm almost positive JuanMa would've stopped him within 5. I kinda gotta go with JuanMa on this one neither though it could go either way. They both got punching power, JuanMa has the perfect counter attack against Gamboa's fighting style, especially due to the fact that Gamboa got dropped by Jimenez.

I don't think either one would be stopped, it'll have to go to decision, but I think Gamboa would be dropped by the counter during the fight.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Juanma is real good, but his level of opposition isnt that good and he has never fought above 122. Gamboa is already dominating at 126 (before at 130) against a higher level of opposition. I see Juanma needing a couple more rounds to ko opponent like Seeger.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Lopez knocks Gamboa out within five rounds. He's too polished and is such a precise puncher. Gamboa is freakishly talented, but still raw and he got knocked down by Darling Jiminez who has no power. Ponce De Leon would have tested Gamboa with his power and Lopez made such incredibly quick and easy work of him.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Wow what a great fight but remember, seegers went 8 rounds with the hard punching deleon. He couldnt go 1 with gamboa. gamboa is a good 10 pounds bigger than lopez, He's faster, and hits harder. Gamboa by ko.

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Lopez is much better than Jimenez who put Gamboa down, and Lopez will be much stronger when he moves up. I doubt these two meet any time soon though. A lost for either one would be terrible right now.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Lopez is much better than Jimenez who put Gamboa down, and Lopez will be much stronger when he moves up. I doubt these two meet any time soon though. A lost for either one would be terrible right now.
Right, but you know as well as me that jimenez wasn't the reason gamboa went down.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Lopez stopped De Leon in 1.
Deleon aint no Gamboa, Highly overrated fighter imo.

Yeah he went down because he relies on his athleticism to avoid being hit rather than keeping his hands up. Lopez would eat that up.
He's improving. I dont think lopez could handle gamboa though. We'll see if it ever comes off, which it won't. gamboa won't be at 126 long.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Gamboa looked sharp against Seeger. He wasn't wasting his punches and he was keeping his hands higher than usual. The problem is when he lands his combinations his hands are at his waist. An accurate counterpuncher like Lopez would have plenty of opportunities. He might knock Gamboa down but I don't think he would stop him that's why Gamboa would win a clear UD.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts