Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any body have any Zab Judah Fights? My Trainer told me to watch his fights seeing that our styles are almost the same.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Thanx man..Well i started thinking the same thing lol
Haha, no problem man, I'm assuming you've caught a couple of his losses. The consensus opinion on Judah is that he relies too much on his natural talent. He keeps his hands down even when backing out, he tires out in most of his recent fights, he doesn't have a plan b when his opponent applies pressure, if you want to learn from a southpaw Pernell Whitaker has been P4P one of the best.

Technique and career wise, the best examples of current southpaws are Christian Mijares, Joe Calzaghe (except for his punching/slapping technique), and the Manny Paquiao that faced David Diaz.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
Thanks for putting my thread up dude :thumbsup:. It's nice to see it getting used. And if I was a southpaw, I would also try to fight more like Whitaker.
Every southpaw aspires to be more like Whitaker. That includes Zab. He was brought into boxing as the "second coming of Whitaker". Too bad he didn't move back to 140 after Spinks, maybe he could have been.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.