Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 115 Posts

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

At the weigh in on Friday, Judah weighed in at 143 and Clottey at 147. I have this fight as a draw, but am leaning towards Judah becuase I don't see Clottey putting on the necessary pressure (for 12 rounds) to make Zab uncomfortable. Every time Clottey is opening his mouth it has been about a fight with Margarito, dare I say Zab is more focused.

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
A focused Zab is a very difficult man to beat. If he's as focused as you say, I can't go against him. But then again Cottley is a good fighter. I'm leaning more towards Cottley for the simple fact Zab will never reach his potential IMO.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A focused Zab is a very difficult man to beat. If he's as focused as you say, I can't go against him. But then again Cottley is a good fighter. I'm leaning more towards Cottley for the simple fact Zab will never reach his potential IMO.
True, I'm definitely not counting Clottey out, but I think Judah stuns him at least once while throwing 1,2,3's on his way to a close decision. Zab will never reach his potential "Sweet pea with power" no, but if he can take off those extra 3 pounds I see him DOMINATING the Jr. Welterweight division.

·
Spike Spiegel
7,078 Posts
True, I'm definitely not counting Clottey out, but I think Judah stuns him at least once while throwing 1,2,3's on his way to a close decision. Zab will never reach his potential "Sweet pea with power" no, but if he can take off those extra 3 pounds I see him DOMINATING the Jr. Welterweight division.
I agree on that one. I'd love to see Hatton/Judah, would be entertaining. I also think Judah would dominate the division, but really does he have the dedication to do so?

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
I think Clottey will beat him convincingly, hes a predictable fighter but that doesnt make him any easier to beat.

·
TRIPLE OG HATER FOR LIFE
16,769 Posts
I think Clottey will beat him convincingly, hes a predictable fighter but that doesnt make him any easier to beat.
I agree, I think Clottey is a lot stronger, he'll withstand judah's initial surge and finsh him faded at the end...

Clottey is going to outbox Zab all night,or at least he trained to outbox Zab
This is judah's last hurrah, he may look good for a couple of rounds but will fade into survival mode if caught with some thing serious, Clottey by unanimous deceition, he will end Judah'scareer for good.....

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Showtime re-aired Clottey/Corrales last night and man, that was some impressive infighting from Clottey. People talk about Judah's fast hands and sweet combinations and rightfully so, but Clottey is no slouch in either of those departments. That was a very enjoyable fight even though I hate to see Chico lose and it gets me sad knowing I want be able to see him fight again. Anyway, impressive performance and if that Clottey shows up, I think he beats the best Judah that TKOed Cory Spinks in '04.

·
Premium Member
6,687 Posts
Showtime re-aired Clottey/Corrales last night and man, that was some impressive infighting from Clottey. People talk about Judah's fast hands and sweet combinations and rightfully so, but Clottey is no slouch in either of those departments. That was a very enjoyable fight even though I hate to see Chico lose and it gets me sad knowing I want be able to see him fight again. Anyway, impressive performance and if that Clottey shows up, I think he beats the best Judah that TKOed Cory Spinks in '04.
Yeah one fight Clottey looks very impressive. His handspeed and power are pretty good

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Lets not forget that had clottey not hurt both his hands, he was on his way to defeating margarito. I scored that fight a draw anyways. Clottey should take this, but you can't even count out zab.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
Clottey is more fundamentally sound. He has more stamina and a better chin than Judah. He has flaws but his consistency will make up for that. Judah won't be able to land many left uppercuts through Clottey's tight guard but Clottey's left hook will find its mark.

·
Boxings Own Living Legend
8,579 Posts
I agree Mega. I think all Clottey has to do is take the fight to Judah and nail him a couple of hard shot and Judah will disintergrate. In my opinio Judah is too unstable to be a pro fighter eg his disgraceful actions against Tszyu, Mayweather and especially referee Jay Nady

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
I'm betting Clottey wins, however I'm starting to think zab can pull out the UD. He won't hurt clottey but I can see him defeating Clottey. Clottey is yet to be seen as an elite fighter. Imo he's an undefeated fighter though. I scored his fight with margy a draw and he was ahead on the scorecards against baldomir when they DQ'd him. This will be a Shining fight for Clottey if he wins. If zab wins, He's still in the picture, and should go down to 140 and stir up the pot in that division. He'd knock out hatton.

·
Administrator
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah one fight Clottey looks very impressive. His handspeed and power are pretty good
And his combination punching is good too, he also has pretty good counterpunching skills, but Zab will be hard to counter. If he stands in the middle of the ring and tries to outbox Judah, he will lose.
Lets not forget that had clottey not hurt both his hands, he was on his way to defeating margarito. I scored that fight a draw anyways. Clottey should take this, but you can't even count out zab.
Now it's both hands.
That's a fairly low weight for Judah. He hasn't been that low in about five years. Maybe the 140-pound division is where he should go if he loses this fight.
Even if he wins, he should go back down IMO, he would get knocked out in a unification fight with Margarito. The 140 pound division is open for someone with his skills to take it. I see him beating all the titleholders and Hatton.

·
El Violento
8,076 Posts
Judah career is against the wall. He loses and he's done. He won't let it happen. Judah by UD

·
Premium Member
9,456 Posts
Again I'm going with my gut and say that Judah is winning this one. He knows that he can't afford to lose anymore, especially in this vacant title bout.

1 - 20 of 115 Posts