Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No opponent has been announced for all three but zab, anthony and lamont will be fighting on this 2 and half hour extravaganza of friday night fights on espn2.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
I'll watch the Peterson's. You can keep Zab. Sure he is fast, blah, blah. You can watch him for 2 to 3 rds then you know whats goung to happen.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
Zab will probably fight a low level opposition, just to get a W on his record and get some confidence back i think. Id like to see Berto-Judah in early 2008 to be Berto's first real test.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i was thinking the same thing last night after maliganaggi performance. i think malignaggi could honestly outbox judah and frustrate him. IT would be a great match up because both BOX the same way, its like the standing and trading part of boxing with a few steps here and there. Zab may want to drop weight and try to get that title. Its sad that zab is just an opponent to rate yourself now. he could of be so great. oh well.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
PrettyBoyFloyd said:
Easy killer. I want to see Malignaggi vs. Judah although it wont happen.
You never know. Zab at this point in his career has to be willing to fight anyone. And I can see MAlignaggi wanting to add Zab to his record.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
If Berto was sloppy like he was against Clay he probably wouldnt win. Clay was catching him that fight, just didnt have the power to hurt him. Judah would have the speed to catch him more and have more power. After a couple more fights Berto beats Judah.. but now.. just my opinion.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i agree lad, but all greats get in their with guys they know cant hurt them and it allows them to just go for it, and im glad berto was getting somewhat reckless. ALthough i still havent seen the fight yet, tommy can you update me on this?

·
Banned
25,672 Posts
the thing with zab is he's always going to struggle against the big strong 147lbers, IMO the onlyt reason he left 140 was because kostya had his number and the 147 division was weak at that point, im pretty sure zab could still make 140 so it would make sense for him to fight at his natural weight!

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
tommygunn said:
the thing with zab is he's always going to struggle against the big strong 147lbers, IMO the onlyt reason he left 140 was because kostya had his number and the 147 division was weak at that point, im pretty sure zab could still make 140 so it would make sense for him to fight at his natural weight!
Yeh, he probably kills everyone at 140 outside of Malignaggi and Hatton.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Those are 2 great fights for Zab. And I think he wins both of them and puts on a great show doing it. I also agree with the board on Berto. He will lose to Zab right now but in the future he might be able to win. Also I dont think Zab is a ESPN fighter yet, but I do think he is the gate keeper to major fights for other fighters.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
zab and outclass dont really belong together. i think berto would give zab troulbe and zab would give berto trouble but i dont think zab has more class than berto. Berto is very well skilled and is very patience. But experience could play a factor this early, i will agree there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts