Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

Who would win?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If this fight was to take play as both guys next fight at 140 who do you think would win and how?

I'm creating this thread because this fight interests me more than any other fight Hatton could make at 140, and I hope more than anything that he doesn't end up with Oscar.

Up until Hatton-Malignaggi you all saw me saying that Zab would stop Hatton in6, but now I'm not so sure. The Ricky Hatton that I watched demolish Malignaggi looked exactly like the guy who bear hugged TSZYU into quitting. Hatton is BACK!

Zab Judah is an up and down sort of fellow. He gets up for the big fights and comes in in top form and loses. For the average fights he comes in average and pulls off an average win, but RIGHT NOW I think that Judah knows damn well that if he were to get a shot at Hatton it would be now or never to the tenth exponent!

Zab Judah - Ricky Hatton is one fight I would LOVEEEEEEEEEEE to see.

The question is: Can Zab get back to the level he was at against Cotto? Can that Zab withstand the punishment from Hatton and land enough? Is Hatton going to put as much pressure on Zab as Cotto did or will it be in spurts?

What happens if Zab gets cut? Oh NO! Seems like anytime Zab gets cut he starts to look for the quickest was out.
Will that happen against Hatton, or will we finally find out just how far down Zab judah can dig?

What happens when Hatton bumrushes him and gets Zab up against the ropes allowed to swing away?

What happens when Zab waits on Hatton to lead in face first?

I'll finsih by saying that this fight right here is one of the only fights I would pay crazy money to watch at 140.

Should I pick a winner with all of these variables?

Zab Judah - TKO8--------------Hatton - TKO10---------------

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
this fight intrigfues me too, man. and, you're not lying about hatton being back. he looked really good against paulie, but we all know paulie can't crack an egg. zab has the tools to beat hatton, but we all know he needs to hold up mentally. with the kind of pressure hatton brings i could easily see him overwhelming zab. that being said, i could also see zab landing a lightning left that'll have ricky on queer street. he still got fast hands, and his punches should be more effective at 140. hatton would be favored, but i see zab as a VERY live dog should they meet.

·
tellin' it like it is
18,612 Posts
as of right now i gotta go with hatton. i think the pressure might too much for zab, and he tends to not throw enough punches. i see him trying to land that one big shot and it will cost him against hatton methinks

·
Registered
297 Posts
i agree, i think its the best fight at 140 that hatton could make, in saying that i dont think it will happen though, judah [if he shows up on the night] is high risk low reward for hatton, but id love to see it

a fight with a big name like hatton, would really bring the best out in judah i reckon and 140 is hes best weight, so id pick him to beat hatton, in what could be a really entertaining and exciting fight

G

·
theres alot of variables in this potential fight like you say shane!

Everyone said Hatton was shot, i think he provd last week he aint shot, some will still question the durabilty of his chin anymore(like i will to a degree without going OTT like some)and that wasnt tested against Paulie.-Still question marks

Does Zab have the power to capitalise on any potential weakening of Hattons chin-Definily

Is Zab Judah shot- for me hes probably more shot than Hatton.

Does Zab deserve another chance-im undecided tbh.

Does Ricky continue to improve under Floyd snr- If he looks after himself a bit more between fights you would imagine he will.thats a big if though.

Can ricky keep up the intense pressure on Zab like he did on Tszyu- I think he can he certainly seemed to get stronger as the Paulie fight went on.

Which Zab Judah shows up?- God only knows with Zab anymore. Fella has serious question marks over his mentallity to win fights of these magnitude but has the talent. 1 thing is for certain, Zab cant afford to be the best Zab for only a few rounds and expect to win. I actually gave Zab a good shot against Floyd and for a few rounds he gave floyd a very tough fight but then he imploded mentally, like Zab does.

Im going for a Hatton UD or late stoppage, i think there is more left in Hatton that left in Zab.

But i honestly dont see this fight happening cos at the moment . Zab needs to beat someone at big to put his name back in the shop window for a fight of this size. Like it or not Hattons fights are box office.

Zab is on a bad run of performances and results and needs a big win to put him back in the mix at the top, he doesnt have a devine right to walk back into the biggest fight in the division just cos of past achievments.

Hattons career seems to be going a complete opposite direction to a judah fight, again right or wrong he looks to be fighting either oscar(dont want this fight period) or Manny.(potentially winnable).

Zab needs to do something to get back amongst the big fights, cos i feel alot of people are just fed up and sick of Zab not showing up.

This is all totally unbiased btw ive stated before if the best Zab shows up he could be a top top fighter, that Zab very rarely shows up. He doesnt always seem to perform at the big stage.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Would be pumped to see this match up, bound to be really exciting.
I can't see Zab staying away from Hattons assaults for too long though, if it goes past 5, i'd put money on a late TKO for Hatton.

I like how hard he made himself to hit against Paulie, a naturally accurate fighter.
Still only a slight improvenemnt for Hatton, but the fact he is going foward, whilst Zab seems in freefall somewhat, gut instinct def goes to Hatton.

·
Premium Member
25,820 Posts
I got Zab by TKO but I would love to watch him get beat up. Hatton always had trouble with southpaws and love him or hate him Zab got great speed and power. I see Hatton getting caught with a left uppercut coming in.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
If this fight was to take play as both guys next fight at 140 who do you think would win and how?

I'm creating this thread because this fight interests me more than any other fight Hatton could make at 140, and I hope more than anything that he doesn't end up with Oscar.

Up until Hatton-Malignaggi you all saw me saying that Zab would stop Hatton in6, but now I'm not so sure. The Ricky Hatton that I watched demolish Malignaggi looked exactly like the guy who bear hugged TSZYU into quitting. Hatton is BACK!

Zab Judah is an up and down sort of fellow. He gets up for the big fights and comes in in top form and loses. For the average fights he comes in average and pulls off an average win, but RIGHT NOW I think that Judah knows damn well that if he were to get a shot at Hatton it would be now or never to the tenth exponent!

The question is: Can Zab get back to the level he was at against Cotto? Can that Zab withstand the punishment from Hatton and land enough? Is Hatton going to put as much pressure on Zab as Cotto did or will it be in spurts?

What happens if Zab gets cut? Oh NO! Seems like anytime Zab gets cut he starts to look for the quickest was out.
Will that happen against Hatton, or will we finally find out just how far down Zab judah can dig?

What happens when Hatton bumrushes him and gets Zab up against the ropes allowed to swing away?

I'll finsih by saying that this fight right here is one of the only fights I would pay crazy money to watch at 140.

Hatton TKO in the mid-late rounds. Zab would fold under pressure.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts

Are you back as a Hatton fan now Shane after seeing his new style? :D

·
Registered
830 Posts
Zab would try to do evasive and slick but lack of patience, one punch power happy and macho BS means;

When the ring gets cut off once too often in the middle rounds he goes to war and Hatton KOs or TKOs him inthe late rounds due to the difference in stamina and taking too many shots.

I could see a badly bruised Hatton busting up an exhausted zab.

If zab had intelligence and boxed with disciple it would be different maybe....but zab doesn't do intelligence.

The fight isn't happening though so?

·
The Professor
8,572 Posts
Zab would try to do evasive and slick but lack of patience, one punch power happy and macho BS means;

When the ring gets cut off once too often in the middle rounds he goes to war and Hatton KOs or TKOs him inthe late rounds due to the difference in stamina and taking too many shots.

I could see a badly bruised Hatton busting up an exhausted zab.

If zab had intelligence and boxed with disciple it would be different maybe....but zab doesn't do intelligence.

The fight isn't happening though so?
I know you found what I said to Intellectual1 hilarious but making it your sig makes it look like I said that to you...which makes me look like an idiot.

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Zab is made for Hatton, yes he will maby knock him down early or stagger him but we all know Hatton wont stop coming forward and we do know what happens when Judah starts getting tired, he starts moving back and starts taking alot of punches, referee stoppage or a DQ after Judah tries something stupid. That Clottey fight showed me nothing.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts