Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I Told Yall That This Might Happen

A reliable source close to Zab Judah’s camp informed me here in St. Lucia while covering the Sho-Box card, that a match up between Zab Judah and Oscar De La Hoya may be in the works.

“Oscar is looking for a tune up next year. It makes sense.” The source said Zab was flying out this week to begin talks.

The bout makes sense as De La Hoya has claimed that he plans a 2008 return to welterweight and has “given Richard
Schaefer his marching orders” following the Cotto/Mosley bout last Saturday.

De La Hoya said he has plans for three fights in 2008, one of which may be a tune up.

More info to come.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
BigDigga said:
hmmmmmm. looks like oscar's going to get that win over a name fighter again. it's been awhile.
Yea then he'll fight another A- fighter.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
LeedsLad said:
Tune-up in Feb/Mar against Zab, then he'll get his ass whooped again if he fights an A-fighter in May:laugh:
He must think that he has something left in the tank.

·
Registered
7,505 Posts
I hope he makes 147 comfortably, he could be a force down there. But the fact that he hasnt gone down below 154 since 2001 against Gatti makes me think he has realll trouble getting down there..

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
LeedsLad said:
I hope he makes 147 comfortably, he could be a force down there. But the fact that he hasnt gone down below 154 since 2001 against Gatti makes me think he has realll trouble getting down there..
Hes smart. 1 of the smartest ever so I dont think that he would pretty much garantee he'll fight at 147 if he thought that he should even struggle to get there.

·
Premium Member
4,912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LeedsLad said:
Yup, it wouldnt surprise me if he brought in some bs 48-hour weigh-in so he could rehydrate:laugh:
I just dont see him pulling a Vargas. :laugh:

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
Judah don't deserve another big money fight. He should be fighting on ESPN.

·
Team Mayweather
24,365 Posts
oscar would beat zab judah. In the words of larry merchant, I know oscar delahoya, and he aint no ............ Zab JuDah!

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Oscar will NOT condone this fight being non PPV. If they can put Vargas-Mayorga on PPV this fight is a lock to be the same.

I think Zab will give Oscar a big headache and fade down the stretch as always. But, Oscar tends to get tired in the later rounds as well, so it could make for an interesting fight.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts