Boxing Forum - Boxing Discussion Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
22,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By Mark Vester

It appears that Zab Judah's right arm injury, which resulting in 50-stiches, was self-inflicted during a confrontation with his father. The story sent to media was that Judah slipped in the shower and while trying to break his fall, his right arm went through the glass shower door. The arm injury forced Judah to withdraw from his pay-per-view bout with Shane Mosley that was scheduled for May 31 in Las Vegas.

Multiple sources on the inside told boxing scribe Dan Rafael that Judah got into some kind of beef with his father/trainer Yoel Judah, and during a fit of rage - put his arm through the steam room shower door at the Top Rank gym in Las Vegas. Judah was set to receive $800K for the bout with Mosley. Golden Boy Promotions tried to reschedule the fight, but Shane's wife/manager, Jin, turned down Judah's request for a new date.

Judah will now face Joshua Clottey on August 2 for the vacant IBF welterweight title.

Send News Tips and Comments To Mark Vester @ [email protected]

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Noway Judah is getting $800,000 for facing Clottey. Maybe half of that

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I heard that pictures supposedly surfaced on the net. Does anyone know where? Call me sick, but I'm curious to see this gruesome injury.

·
Premium Member
2,091 Posts
what sets the pro's and the ameteurs is that the pro's usually develope mentally. zab judah obviously is an unstable kid who really needs to be taken to a freezing, cold, stinking farm in russia to train and respect what he has.

the kid has too much emotion to be a great. i can imagine someone like muhammed ali teasing him and making him cry.

·
Calvarez
7,453 Posts
Nothing he does surprises you :laugh: I wouldn't be upset if he retired now :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4,210 Posts
Jesus, Judah should have dumped his father a long time ago, maby he wouldave been better with some other trainer but we will never find out. Clottey will beat Zab.

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
it doesnt surprise me at all..
I don't think it surprises anyone. There should be pictures of Zab in every gym and let the young kids know that is not someone whos foot steps they want to follow in!

·
Mental Midget
4,170 Posts
Zab Judah: A lesson in futility...

Posted Yesterday at 11:05 PM by Captainobvious
5/28/2008
BoxingForum.com
Article by Steve W

We can all think of plenty of guys in many sports who've had amazing potential that failed to be realized. From standout olympic performers to highly touted collegiate athletes, and for many reasons as well -injuries, desire, "new money" syndrome, or in this special individuals case...something different.
Brilliant potential, amazing athleticism and all the tools to be successful, but like some inexplicable X-Files anomally, would end up fading away into obscurity, only to be mentioned over beers in some smokey pub years later with questions like "whatever happened to that guy?".

This is how I will always view the career of Zab 'super' Judah.

Well boxing fans, the truth finally came out. The truth about the "incident" that left the scheduled May 31st bout between Shane Mosley and Zab Judah effectively caput. In a heated confrontation with his manager and father Yoel Judah, Jab punched his way to a 'no contest' with the Top Rank Gym shower door.

After the cancellation of the bout, Mosleys management decided against rescheduling another bout with Judah. I feel I need to give props to said management (Jin Mosley) for telling Judah to go jump off a bridge. Theres only so many chances a guy can get. He probably didn't even deserve the fight with Mosley to begin with, but it would have been a fun matchup to see. Then he went and showed why he is not a Floyd Mayweather type and never will be- he is mentally weak. He undoubtedly had all of the gifts to be that good, but has pissed opportunities away because of the inability to stay focused both inside and outside of the ring.

This time around, his lack of professionalism effected more than himself. Mosleys best years are behind him, but he has seemingly tapped into the same 'fountain of youth' that the likes of Bernard Hopkins, Roy Jones and others before him have. The money is there, and the recognition has always been there, but the one thing that Mosley cant afford to lose more of now is time. So in the twilight of a brilliant career, another great matchup gets lost in the shuffle.
The sad thing here is that the real winner in this situatin ends up being the one who deserves it least- Judah. Zab is now scheduled to square off for the vacant IBF welterweight title against Josua Clottey, an arguably weaker opponent.
While it makes you feel good for a hard worker like Josua Clottey, when it comes to Zab it begs the question- How many chances can one guy get??

1 - 20 of 28 Posts